Thread: Zone Alarm Pro & Counter Strike Problems..

1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Hey people.

I seem to have issue when I play counter strike, and run my firewall, zappro at the same time.

When I play, with the firewall on, my movements are somewhat jerky, and laggy, not responsive... is this just a draw back of running the firewall at the time... some setting in the firewall i can change? Id like to be able to run both, but alas... performance over security, lol... so i shut it off when i play, (then its fine) and normally forget to turn it back on.

ANy tips?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    How about throw away Zone Alarm Pro it is a piece of crap. That should help. It provides no security. Has many holes and is easy for hackers to get threw. Get BlackIce if u can; way better than Zone Alarm. Way back when i had Zone Aarm i had nothing but problems.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by the-ninja69@19 March 2003 - 02:15
    How about throw away Zone Alarm Pro it is a piece of crap. That should help. It provides no security. Has many holes and is easy for hackers to get threw. Get BlackIce if u can; way better than Zone Alarm. Way back when i had Zone Aarm i had nothing but problems.
    notice: way back*
    The new version of Zone Alarm Pro is pretty good. I got a version that works with the router here so it's been going great.. no connection problems at all.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Woldmight i think your defination of good is that it works wow it works. I mean really dont u want security? ZAP provides none!!!!!!!!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Kerio is pretty good i use both it and Zone Alarm. Stay the hell away from the Pro verison though. Its horrible.