Thread: How Do You Check For The Following?

Try to open a site and get "The page cannot be displayed". Then Iasked to try the following: To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

How do I check what the LAN and ISP numbers should be? :helpsmile:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    threelions00's Avatar on a shirt... BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    did you def type it right? i reckon there must be a prob with the site if anything, not you...but i could be wrong...

i don't thin your lan settings would be wrong cos you got to this page...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    ya, if it's oly that one page then it very very likely is NOT a problem with teh lan settings, im almost certain it isn't.

tell us teh site so we can see if it works for anyone else.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Not just one site. I get this on A LOT of pages I try opening. HOWEVER, I think a clue might be that these are not pages where I type in the address but rather pop-up links. I have Panicware PopUp Stopper. That stated, when I hold the Control button down these pages should run (because I want them to). Weird

Also weird that I DIDN'T get email notification of your kind replys to my question. That ususally works too.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    is it on any certain domain? like is it when you type www.*******.tk or www.******.net or anything in particular?
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    disable\uninstall the popup blocker to see if that solves your problem. If it does then either switch to a new program, or reinstall the old one and see if u can get it configured properly.