Thread: Why Can't I Preview Bittorrent Downloads?

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I'm using Torrentstorm to download movies. At 128k it takes a while, so i like to make sure im getting good quality\the right film before i waste my time on it.

But video lan, and avi preview can't preview downloading AVI files. Why is this? I liked being able to do it in kazaa lite.

Is it cause im using torrent storm?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    no ur not doing anything wrong. to preview u need to get the first chunks of the movie

azureus has an option for this. not sure about others

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    you may need to close youor client, it may say "antoher program is downloading your pron, if you need a wank now, close the program thats using it" if its open ;/

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by mooseman2070@22 June 2004 - 12:45
    you may need to close youor client, it may say "antoher program is downloading your pron, if you need a wank now, close the program thats using it" if its open ;/
    tried, didn't work.

anyone got a link for azerus? i searched once before and couldn't find it...ill try to help myself..

edit: NVM, i've been typing it wrong lol. Found it, ill try it for my next download thanks.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by mooseman2070@22 June 2004 - 11:45
    wrong. u would still be able to do it. and did anyone payed attention to what i said

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    99shassan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Would you? Doesn't BT download different chunks of the download? Not from like the fist part to the last like programs like Kazaa? Isn't it a random download thing? Maybe I'm just chatting shit
    Changed SPAN settings in sig a YEAR after it was removed

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by CPU1+23 June 2004 - 05:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CPU1 @ 23 June 2004 - 05:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mooseman2070@22 June 2004 - 11:45
    wrong. u would still be able to do it. and did anyone payed attention to what i said [/b][/quote]
    Yes, i listened...and since it is my thread, i guess that is teh only thing that matters.

Thanks you.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by 99shassan@24 June 2004 - 14:05
    Doesn&#39;t BT download different chunks of the download? Not from like the fist part to the last like programs like Kazaa? Isn&#39;t it a random download thing? Maybe I&#39;m just chatting shit
    Yes, it&#39;s pretty random on what chunks you get first. So previewing is basically impossible until you get a lot of the file.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by CPU1@22 June 2004 - 05:44
    no ur not doing anything wrong. to preview u need to get the first chunks of the movie

azureus has an option for this. not sure about others
    Like this poster says Azureus can be set to give the first pieces of a file priority. Do this and then switch to "pieces" view. The first piece is numbered 0. When it is in you will be able to preview a small part with VideoLan.

VideoLan will also skip to later pieces if you wait while it finds them.
    DOWNLOADING IS FUN - SHARING IS SUBLIME
    When all else fails - read the instructions!!!
    LEEDS UNITED - WE'LL BE BACK