Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sucess At Last

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@22 June 2004 - 18:02

find an onboard videop enable\disable jumper in your manual and check that.
    His manual shows no such thing.
    Video is set in BIOS, not by jumper.

The green LED on the board only means that power is connected.
    All is NOT OK.

You have yet to reach POST.
    There is something wrong, most likely (IMO), the HS is not seated properly and the chip is initiating thermal shutdown.
    Until you can POST ( that friendly single beep that we all know and love) you are dead in the water.

Try disconnecting EVERYTHING- including RAM- and see what happens.
    You should get a series of short beeps indicating missing or bad RAM.
    Install the RAM, making SURE that it is fully seated ( this can be quite deceptive, the clips should be fully engaged).

If you have a good HS and RAM install you should now POST.

Now you can reconnect your drives.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    OK everything good with Video and stuff now new problem lol

i got in bios set just about everything....

It recognizes secondary IDE Master (Cd Burner/Dvdrom)

It says not detected for primary IDE (my hard drive) idk what to have everything as

right now i have the HDD jumpers set as single or master but i could set as master with slave or slave

the CD is set as master for the secondary

any ideas in recognizing? cause i cant boot till i have a hdd cause theres no where to save

whats the diff b/w slave and master? lol

last but not least.. i have 1 stick of 512mb ram but the mobo only picks up 480 (which isnt that big of a prog cause i wont use that much this only has 256)

my temps are good mobo @ 26 C and CPU @ 39C

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    . i have 1 stick of 512mb ram but the mobo only picks up 480 (which isnt that big of a prog cause i wont use that much this only has 256)

Shared Video?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Tormentor's Avatar Searching The People
    Originally posted by peat moss@22 June 2004 - 20:04
    . i have 1 stick of 512mb ram but the mobo only picks up 480 (which isnt that big of a prog cause i wont use that much this only has 256)

Shared Video?
    512-32= 480, So im guessing you do have onboard video. Check in your BIOS to be sure.
    - Unleash The Power Of The Wii, Unlock It Today!
    http://www.castabet.net

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Try setting the drive to cable select if you have that option.

and ya tormentor and peatmoss are right, the 32mb onboard video takes away from your physical memory(ram), nothing to worry about.

edit: what was it that fixed the video?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@23 June 2004 - 03:10

and ya tormentor and peatmoss are right, the 32mb onboard video takes away from your physical memory(ram), nothing to worry about.
    thanks... idk what u mean by select if your talking about my bios, i have the choices of Auto (tried it), not installed, CDROM, or ARMD orADRM (one or the other) what does that stand for?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Champ+22 June 2004 - 22:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Champ @ 22 June 2004 - 22:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@23 June 2004 - 03:10

thanks... idk what u mean by select if your talking about my bios, i have the choices of Auto (tried it), not installed, CDROM, or ARMD orADRM (one or the other) what does that stand for? [/b][/quote]
    Sorry, shoulda explained, you know how you have the jumper settings oof master, slave, single, all that, well there is one more which is cable select. Try that, not sure if it willl work, but i&#39;ve seen some crazy computers wher it actually works so it&#39;s worth a try.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    no unfortunately oi dont have this.... now my mobo works fine cause it detects the cd burner on both primary and secondary and master and slave, so it must be sometin with the hdd or the setting of the hdd i may have to throw another 80 bux into this and fuckin wait for a new hdd to arrive lol

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Champ@22 June 2004 - 22:22
    no unfortunately oi dont have this.... now my mobo works fine cause it detects the cd burner on both primary and secondary and master and slave, so it must be sometin with the hdd or the setting of the hdd i may have to throw another 80 bux into this and fuckin wait for a new hdd to arrive lol
    lol it&#39;s probably something simple&#092;stupid like teh ide cable is on backwarsd or something. Just recheck everything again, power connections, try a different molex connector maybe.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Poster
    i tried both ide connecters on it lol they both work fine.... ON THE CD DRIVE lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast