View Poll Results: Church and Politics: Should They Mix?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definate YES!

0 0%
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

9 29.03%
  • Hell NO!

22 70.97%
  • Undecided

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Church And Politics

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by vidcc+1 July 2004 - 00:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vidcc @ 1 July 2004 - 00:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Biggles@30 June 2004 - 15:53
    How would they know who voted for whom?

I think it was the bit where a supporter of such policies would suffer come judgement day. So confession would be the only option. It would be a test of ones religious views i guess.
    Don&#39;t confess and take communion and you will pay in the afterlife [/b][/quote]
    True

However, as I understand it, that which is confessed is forgiven and cannot be used as a basis for with-holding communion. Admitedly, speaking as a Pagan, I may be incorrect, so I will bow to those with superior knowledge in such matters, or (if J&#39;Pol is available), in all matters. B)
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by Biggles@1 July 2004 - 13:04

However, as I understand it, that which is confessed is forgiven and cannot be used as a basis for with-holding communion.
    well that was the point...one must confess to have communion. It isn&#39;t just a cofession that gets forgiveness...one has to be remorseful.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123