Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discipline In Class

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Ok this is unacceptable but the fact that the student complied shows the respect he has for his teacher...... The gift of knowledge is a precious thing, if it were not for these fine educators i would not be where i am today.

Pupil who fell asleep told to write in own blood
    By Julian Ryall in Tokyo

A Japanese boy who fell asleep in class was ordered to write an essay in his own blood as an apology to his teacher.

The 17-year-old was given a boxcutter and a piece of paper and told by the teacher to write "not in pencil, but in blood" because he was not sufficiently repentant.

The boy sliced open the index finger on his left hand and used the blood as ink.

"To ask a student to write in their own blood is something that I just can't imagine," said Hiroaki Dan, headmaster of the school in Fukuoka, southern Japan.

The 40-year-old teacher - who has not been named - has apologised to the boy and his parents. He is expected to resume teaching this week.

In the past teachers, referred to as "churchmen", have traditionally been held in high esteem by Japanese society. This incident will further damage a profession whose reputation is already reeling.

In recent months, several teachers have been arrested for having sex with their students. Another was sacked after taking his students on a field trip to a massage parlour.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Poster
    Right next to the weapons of mass destructions
    That is sad. This is what the world has come to today. I can't believe it. He should be fired, or atleast get beaten up by all the kids in his class But seriously i never knew this was happening.

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'> &quot;Its all fun and games till someone looses an eye......THEN its a sport&#33;&#33;&quot;
    - danyj</span></span></span>

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Double Agent
    maybe this seems harsh to you americans but this is the way in the early times of Japanese school system. Discipline like this is commonplace.

This sort of discipline is probably not the best for the students but in asia, teachers are held in high esteem and school will not fire teachers for matters like these

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Could you imagine what would have happened to the teacher if this had happened in the US? There would be people calling for the death penalty for her.

I used to have a teacher in High School that had a great way of dealing with people who fell asleep in her class. What she would do is once you’d fall asleep she would take a picture of you and put it up on the wall so all the other classes that she taught could see. It was embarrassing to say the least, but even though it was embarrassing I had more than one picture on that wall

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@22 June 2004 - 09:56
    Could you imagine what would have happened to the teacher if this had happened in the US? There would be people calling for the death penalty for her.

I used to have a teacher in High School that had a great way of dealing with people who fell asleep in her class. What she would do is once you’d fall asleep she would take a picture of you and put it up on the wall so all the other classes that she taught could see. It was embarrassing to say the least, but even though it was embarrassing I had more than one picture on that wall
    it wasn&#39;t the fact that you were asleep it was the drool from the corner of your mouth Oh and the tape recording where you sleep talked and said "vote democrat"

you still spending all day at the beach? been quiet lately

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    No matter how many subliminal messages were played I still couldn’t vote for a democrat

I’ve been quiet as of late because of President Bush’s booming economy has kept me busy , although I wish I still were at the beach.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@22 June 2004 - 10:21
    President Bush’s booming
    yes we have heard a lot of booms, well other countries have since he took office

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    There you go quoting out of context again a typical move of a democrat

Do I still get first dibs when you need some help to vote for Bush in November?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@22 June 2004 - 10:39
    There you go quoting out of context again a typical move of a democrat

Do I still get first dibs when you need some help to vote for Bush in November?
    Never i tell you NEVER

Why do i get the feeling that this mans picture is up on the wall as well ?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    man thats so stupid i woulda took that box cutter and slit the teachers throat that whore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast