Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Kid Has To Write Apology In Own Blood

Keikan's Avatar ........
    TOKYO, Japan (Reuters) -- A Japanese teenager was forced by his teacher to write an apology in blood after dozing in the classroom, the school's principal said on Monday.

The teacher later went to high school principal Hiroaki Dan and confessed what he had done, Dan told Reuters.

The teacher had apologized to the 17-year-old boy and his parents, Dan said, confirming a local media report of the incident, which happened last Thursday.

He said the boy was taken to the staff room of the school in Fukuoka City, southern Japan, after being caught asleep during a lesson. The 40-year-old male teacher handed the boy a box-cutter and paper and told him to write an apology in blood.

The teacher left the student, who then cut his finger and began to write an apology using his own blood.

Other teachers in the staff room did not notice what was happening, Dan said.

"To ask a student to write in their own blood is something I just can't imagine," he said.

He said the boy was back in school, and neither he nor his parents had asked to switch teachers. The teacher involved is expected to resume classes in a few days, Dan said.

The incident comes on the heels of an attack in which an 11-year-old girl killed a classmate by slashing her throat with a box cutter, also in southern Japan.

Source
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Vidcc beat you to it with a topic in the Talk Club.

We have gotten a little side tracked but Vidcc’s famous for that

HERE

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Pretty crude.

Not Middle-East crude, but crude enough.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Not Middle-East crude, but crude enough
    lol

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    late for school bad news kid got beat to death one time and one crushed by the school gates thats scary

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    It just goes to show how different we all are. If my son had been made to write an apology in his own blood I think I would be asking for the teachers blood in return. I definitely wouldn't be letting my child continue in that class under that teacher!
    <span style='color:green'>Never look to others for happiness...it lives inside you

</span>

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    I&#39;d be very interested to hear whether this teacher had a rationale for this particular stunt; the article doesn&#39;t mention one.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Well, I bet he won&#39;t go to sleep in his lessons any more....

This is what we need, no more of this wishy washy, dont discipline the kids cos it might upset em crap....I think there should be more blood letting in our schools.

bring back the cane, the birch, the slipper....and if that fails....well, why not 100 lines in their own blood...

&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;&#39;I will do my homework&#39;.......................etc

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    I&#39;m sure you weren&#39;t entirely serious Sara, but I agree:

Much of what is currently allowed to pass should, instead, be nipped in the bud when it first presents.

There would be your prescription for over-incarceration, I think.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    true...

This incident however speaks more of cultural ritual than abuse. A case of dishonouring the teacher. I have no evidence, but based on what was in the first post, the parents did not seriously object. Why? The Japanese culture is far more based on respect than many other cultures. Perhaps we cannot judge the right or wrong of this action without being aware of the cultural principles that led to it.

However, I cannot imagine an occasion where this sort of incident would not result in prosecution and scandal within the UK, my experience elsewhere is limited.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast