Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Firefox

S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    well i guess

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    I had same problem. I then went to Folder Options --> File Types and changed the file associations of the following to firefox.exe: URL File Transfer Protocol, Hpyertext Trnasfer Protocol, Hypertext Transfer Protocol with Privacy. The Problem was solved.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    with the exception of Telnet extensions, there is nothing left in my File Types that is associated with Internet Explorer, yet MSN messenger still opens links (such as email inbox) in IE.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    when you install firefox it asks if you want to make it your default browser. try that, see if it works.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Donnie Darko's Avatar Poster
    Is Firefox eny good?Im useing opers but its not working out for me.
    *Removed for being gay

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    You can remove ie and just about any other built-in software in windows with XPlite. Last time I tried it worked pretty good. Just don't go removing too many key components or it may cause xp to be unstable. I removed ie and crappy windows movie maker with no probs.

http://www.litepc.com/xplite.html

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Originally posted by shn@23 June 2004 - 00:44
    You can remove ie and just about any other built-in software in windows with XPlite. Last time I tried it worked pretty good. Just don't go removing too many key components or it may cause xp to be unstable. I removed ie and crappy windows movie maker with no probs.

http://www.litepc.com/xplite.html
    hmm if i was to uninstall IE and i wnted to reinstall it later would i have any problems? and 2 is uninstalling IE a good idea? :helpsmile:

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    set IE as the non default browser (even if firefix already is the default) or look for a plugin to do it for you

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    mofos, u gotta understand one thing about msn messenger

no matter what default browser ur using, if u click it to check email, it will just launch hotmail using IE...nuthin else

i'm saying this out of experience of using both opera and firefox b4

however, for everything else, i haven't found a solution yet...coz i'm still struggling with the same problem, with firefox

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Would it be possible to, after uninstalling IE (im assuming msn messenger would screw up not knowing how to open URLs and emails without ie), copy the contents of the firefox folder into teh old internet explorer folder then it will open in firefox?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast