Thread: K-lite Search..."action Cancelled....."

mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Hi,
    Windows XP Home
    IE6/Firefox 0.8
    K-Lite v 2.6 RC22
    KZN 1.4.8

I just recently installed KL v2.6. RC22 (upgraded from v 2.4.3)

I'm noticing that when I first open the K-Lite program (I have default set to open on Traffic page) and then go to the Search page I get this (see screen-shot)....here

The downloads in the Traffic page are in-progress and downloading normally.

I've tried to restart KL and even reboot my OS but, I get the same display.

This is not a job stop because if I enter something in the Search bar the Search button becomes activated and I can begin a Search.

Any suggestions as to why I get the Action Cancelled error message?

Now, the following info is, I'm quite sure, related to this.....

After installing KL 2.6 I ran Spybot and Ad-aware scans.
    Spybot found no problems.
    Ad-aware found this:
    POSSIBLE BROWSER HIJACK ATTEMPT
    obj=[0]=RegKey: Software/K++

I have moved this object to Ad-aware Quarantine until I get suggestions.

I'm thinking I should just add it to the Ad-aware "Ignore List"??
    But, I await an opinion from the more experienced.

Thanks for any help,
    mrlessk

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    nsane's Avatar .
    yes, just add it to your ignore list

as for the screen shot..turn on the webserver in Options > Khancer Options...

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    or try a older version i like the older 2.43 but thats me my choice weeeeeeee

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    nsane's Avatar .
    1. all he/she needs to do is turn on the webserver
    2. its an adaware 'bug', not K-Lite

no reason to downgrade

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by nsane+23 June 2004 - 10:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nsane &#064; 23 June 2004 - 10:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>yes, just add it to your ignore list
    as for the screen shot..turn on the webserver in Options > Khancer Options...[/b]

Success&#33;

I deleted the Quarantined Object from my Adaware.
    Rescanned.
    Ad-aware found object again.
    I added it to Ignore List.
    Scanned once more with Ad-aware

Restarting K-Lite didn&#39;t return the normal Search page.
    I had to restart my Windows XP then the Search page was normal.

..turn on the webserver in Options > Khancer Options
    I think I already had that set, but take a look please....

So I won&#39;t have to start a new thread, can someone answer this....
    In my former K-Lite++ 2.4.3 I could set a minimize to System Tray (a DOT) instead of having a large minimized button in Taskbar....

Is there a way to do this in KL 2.6??

Thanks for all your help nsane,

<!--QuoteBegin-Voetsek

or try a older version i like the older 2.4.3 but that&#39;s my choice weeeeeeee[/quote]
    Actually, I just upgraded from K-Lite 2.4.3. I was having problems with KaZuperNodes 1.4.7 not connecting so I decided to upgrade to 2.6 RC22 which, so far, has fixed that problem.

So far, &#39;cept for some minor issues like the one I posted here, it&#39;s working fine.

cheers, :beerchug:
    mrlessk

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Filesharinghelp.com
    Hmmm, strange. The webserver sometimes doesnt replace the error pages, try re-starting your pc and/or K-Lite. This should fix it, if not, make sure you have no other apps using port 80 at the k-lite start up.

You cannot (currently) have the four-button system as in KLK++ 2.4.3, you can however click the "x" in the corrner and that will send k-lite to the tray

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Lite+23 June 2004 - 13:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lite &#064; 23 June 2004 - 13:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>You cannot (currently) have the four-button system as in KLK++ 2.4.3, you can however click the "x" in the corrner and that will send k-lite to the tray&nbsp; [/b]

Nice&#33; Does the same job. I didn&#39;t try that because I assumed it would close (exit) the program completely.
    So then, in order to exit the program completely I either go to File>Exit or right-click on the system tray Icon>Exit?
    I can live with that.
    Originally posted by Lite@
    Hmmm, strange. The webserver sometimes doesnt replace the error pages, try re-starting your pc and/or K-Lite. This should fix it, if not, make sure you have no other apps using port 80 at the k-lite start up.
    <!--QuoteBegin-mrlessk

Restarting K-Lite didn&#39;t return the normal Search page.
    I had to restart my Windows XP then the Search page was normal.
    [/quote]
    Yep, as I mentioned I had to restart the computer for the Search page to not have the "Action Cancelled...." message after doing the Ad-aware thing.

Is that what you are referring to Lite?

Noob question I know, but I have to ask....how would you check to see what other Programs might be using Port 80?
    I have ZoneAlarm 5.0. Is there a quick way to check? I don&#39;t know, never had to do it.

Thanks much for your reply Lite, &#39;preciate it&#33;
    mrlessk

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Filesharinghelp.com
    To actually shutdown k-lite, yes you have to click the system tray or as you said file >exit.

Yes i am. K-Lite also has an alternate method for enabling custom pages, so you really shouldnt get the error page (but the alternate method is alot slower).

I dont have much experiance with Zone Alarm, so i couldnt tell you how to check, but like i said, this shouldnt happen. Just let me know if you get it again.