Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Memory

Poster
    i tried a few things but it didnt work but i noticed after it detects it says something about usb then it goes into windows i cant read quick enough wat it says

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    If you can hit the pause button on your keyboard at the right time then you can see what it says.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Poster
    ok this is what takes the long time....

Autodetecting primary master.....ide hard disk
    Autodetecting sec master..........atapi cdrom
    pri master: "shows what it is"
    sec master: "shows what it "

Auto detecting usb mass storage devices
    00 usb mass storage devices found and configured

yet i dont hav any usb devices and there is no option in the bios for the usb

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    lynx's Avatar .
    I believe the A7N8X-VM/400 will support DDR400 memory, but the same restriction applies about needing an AGP card in order to support DDR400 dual-channel mode.

I think the reason they don't mention it any longer is because they don't expect anyone to bother getting the VM board and then add an AGP card, since the A7N8X board is cheaper yet has everything else except onboard video.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    On page 2-15 of the manual here: http://www.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/n...7n8x-vm_400.pdf
    It says something about 'Quick Boot' option.

Another idea is to check the boot sequence and eliminate any reference to "Other boot devices" (same page of manual) if you aren't using a USB boot drive.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Poster
    i tried the quick boot but it does nothing just if its disabled it counts the memory and if its enable it dosent and there is no other reference to any other devices in the bios just tha hdd cdrw floppy i tried updating the bios cuz the new version has usb legacy option in the bios but it still starts up slow

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by OnYx@23 June 2004 - 13:26
    now i need to fix the slow boot up for some reason it takes long at the disk checking part when booting
    How slow? Over a minute, till you can use windows? Follow VB's Advice, do you have a usb card reader?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Poster
    it takes around 20 secs to detect drives and count memory

correct me if im wrong but also there is no way to overclock the cpu with that board

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    www.bit-tech.net

those guys deal with these situations for fun, most of them are pros and they can help you with just about ANY kind (I do mean that) of problem with your pc you might have.
    (these guys are also into PC modding and cooling so you might wanna read up that shiet too)

if not

abxzone.com forums is another excellent joint full of IT pros who can also help you with any of your PC problems.

For future problems with OC'ing and the shyat--go there, you won't be dissapointed.

B)
    "If you expect a kick in the balls, and you get a slap in the face, then it's a victory!" -old Irish wisdom

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by OnYx@24 June 2004 - 21:36
    correct me if im wrong but also there is no way to overclock the cpu with that board
    ya there is....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast