Thread: Win Xp

Poster
    I have a reinstall windows Xp home disc for my dell computer.. i just used it to install Xp on my new computer (not a dell i built it) does it have a built in serial, so as soon as i connect to the internet with that computer windows will realize that it has been used twice? or can i get a key gen and use a valid serial without a prob

also i have the boot image of XP pro with valid serials i burned it and now im wonderin if i put that in when my comp is bootin up, will it just overrite windows xp home or do i have to format C?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by Champ@23 June 2004 - 14:00
    also i have the boot image of XP pro with valid serials i burned it and now im wonderin if i put that in when my comp is bootin up, will it just overrite windows xp home or do i have to format C?
    I would reformat the C drive, then install WinXP Pro.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Best to download XP Corp and use a key, which i will PM you if you want it, which will let you ahve xp pro, be able to install SP1, and much more lol.

(get it using bittorrent, most reliable way)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@23 June 2004 - 22:15
    Best to download XP Corp and use a key, which i will PM you if you want it, which will let you ahve xp pro, be able to install SP1, and much more lol.

what about the activation key? I'm using 2000 (quite happily) and I hear activation key is a problem for xp copies (how does that work.)
    "If you expect a kick in the balls, and you get a slap in the face, then it's a victory!" -old Irish wisdom

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Titus808+23 June 2004 - 18:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Titus808 @ 23 June 2004 - 18:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@23 June 2004 - 22:15

what about the activation key? I&#39;m using 2000 (quite happily) and I hear activation key is a problem for xp copies (how does that work.) [/b][/quote]
    The corp version of XP (pro) does not need activation, so you don&#39;t worry about it at all.

If you use the regular pro version, there are cracks out there to disable teh activation (i think, never really had to worry about it )

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    i got some keys for xp home.. before i format C ill try them cause i have some progs on there

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    The way to go now is XP Corp/VLK. Course SP2 Final could change that.