Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fahrenheit 911

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    It would seem Mr Moore is a tad chuffed with things. I would have thought Disney executives must be a trifle sorry they sold it off so cheap. Not the soundest business decision ever.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Bush spokesman Dan Bartlett had told the White House press corps that the movie was "outrageously false" -- even though he said he hadn't seen the movie. He later told CNN that "This is a film that doesn't require us to actually view it to know that it's filled with factual inaccuracies." At least they're consistent. They never needed to see a single weapon of mass destruction before sending our kids off to die.

And of course...the reason there has been no Lawsuit..

For now, please know the following: Every single fact I state in "Fahrenheit 9/11" is the absolute and irrefutable truth. This movie is perhaps the most thoroughly researched and vetted documentary of our time. No fewer than a dozen people, including three teams of lawyers and the venerable one-time fact-checkers from The New Yorker went through this movie with a fine-tooth comb so that we can make this guarantee to you. Do not let anyone say this or that isn't true. If they say that, they are lying. Let them know that the OPINIONS in the film are mine, and anyone certainly has a right to disagree with them. And the questions I pose in the movie, based on these irrefutable facts, are also mine. And I have a right to ask them. And I will continue to ask them until they are answered.
    And h's even leaving still promoting it as:

This movie is perhaps the most thoroughly researched and vetted documentary of our time.
    ie: A Documentary... not a work of fiction or satire....

So where are the Law Suits?

I have no doubt I will disagree with a number of Mr Moores opinions (except the basics or "We should not have gone into Iraq").....

He is as big a propaganda machine and spin Doctor as the politicians he attacks.

However, he is still promoting it as a Documentary, and is now claiming that all the Facts have been gone over by Teams of Solicitors etc...

I say again.... If they are not Facts...

Why is there not a court case pending already from Bush and Co?

Or anyone else he "Libels" in the Movie...?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    but on topic- i wont see this film unless i get to see it for free cos things like that dont interest me as its just not my type of film ...
    Then you are in luck! Moore said it was OK with him to pirate his movie, as long as his message got out to the farest possible audience. So, pirate away i guess...

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Libel is the stupidest lawsuit ever. Has anyone ever won a lawsuit for slander...ever?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    could do better

cant even be bothered to watch the second disk

i really wanted this to be good to tell americans a few things, but its just so boring. if i paid i'd have walked out. pity cos bowling for columbine was brilliant

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@4 July 2004 - 14:20
    Bush spokesman Dan Bartlett had told the White House press corps that the movie was "outrageously false" -- even though he said he hadn't seen the movie. He later told CNN that "This is a film that doesn't require us to actually view it to know that it's filled with factual inaccuracies." At least they're consistent. They never needed to see a single weapon of mass destruction before sending our kids off to die.

And of course...the reason there has been no Lawsuit..

For now, please know the following: Every single fact I state in "Fahrenheit 9/11" is the absolute and irrefutable truth. This movie is perhaps the most thoroughly researched and vetted documentary of our time. No fewer than a dozen people, including three teams of lawyers and the venerable one-time fact-checkers from The New Yorker went through this movie with a fine-tooth comb so that we can make this guarantee to you. Do not let anyone say this or that isn't true. If they say that, they are lying. Let them know that the OPINIONS in the film are mine, and anyone certainly has a right to disagree with them. And the questions I pose in the movie, based on these irrefutable facts, are also mine. And I have a right to ask them. And I will continue to ask them until they are answered.
    And h's even leaving still promoting it as:

This movie is perhaps the most thoroughly researched and vetted documentary of our time.
    ie: A Documentary... not a work of fiction or satire....

So where are the Law Suits?

I have no doubt I will disagree with a number of Mr Moores opinions (except the basics or "We should not have gone into Iraq").....

He is as big a propaganda machine and spin Doctor as the politicians he attacks.

However, he is still promoting it as a Documentary, and is now claiming that all the Facts have been gone over by Teams of Solicitors etc...

I say again.... If they are not Facts...

Why is there not a court case pending already from Bush and Co?

Or anyone else he "Libels" in the Movie...?
    Rat one thing that Mr. Moore doesn’t explain is why he has armed himself to the teeth with attorneys and said that if anyone comes after him he’ll file suit. Why?

Another question is why won’t he appear on or be interviewed by someone who has an opposed viewpoint of this movie and defend its credibility?

Regarding why the Bush administration hasn’t filed a lawsuit of its own: I thought that J2 explained this quite well to you already. But from what I gather you think that the article that I found that tears this movie a new one is false because the Bush hasn’t sued. Have you read the entire article? Also why should the Bush administration sue Moore? What do they have to gain from this? Bush isn’t going to lower himself to Moore’s level and sue every time someone makes wild accusations against him. If that were the case he could sue you, Busyman, Al Gore, Ted Kennedy and the list goes on and on.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    The very fact that Mr Moore is willing to file suite, shows that he is more than happy to go to court, and have everyone hear both sides of the argument.

He is very upfront in saying the opinions expressed are his own, however the facts refered to in the Movie have been checked again and again.

I have told you before Hank, I aint a big fan of Michael Moore, and I said why above...

He is responsible for as much Propaganda and Spin for his own beliefs as he attributes to the Politians.

In the case of the facts of the movie though... well, action speaks louder than words. It appears he wants this to go before a court... hardly the actions of a man telling lies

As I said to J2K4, there is nothing stopping Bush & Co suing for libel. They merely have to prove that it was maliciously done, in addition to the actual lies.

In Mr Moores case, he freely admits to being maliciouse against Bush every time he opens his mouth... so its hardly a hard thing to Prove.

As to the truth of the opinions expressed in the film, based on the facts that Bush is by his inaction, admitting... I cant comment, as I havent seen it.

To say that its all crap without watching it is a little hypocritical, as is saying that its all wonderful and you agree with everything in there.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by Hexen4@5 July 2004 - 04:05
    Libel is the stupidest lawsuit ever. Has anyone ever won a lawsuit for slander...ever?
    Er...

Yes, I think is probably the simplest answer.

:helpsmile:
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Another question is why won’t he appear on or be interviewed by someone who has an opposed viewpoint of this movie and defend its credibility?
    Why should he?

What has MM to gain by subjecting himself to the likes of a "fair and balanced"
    blowhard like Bill O'Reilly, or the smarmy smugness of Rush Limbaugh?

Tho I'd bet he would agree to such a scenario given the opportunity to get an in-person whack at Dick Cheney or even Bushette himself.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    I just watched this.

The most sickening part for me was the last 1/6 or so of the film.....

The American Companies deciding how they're gonna divie up the country between them, on camera..... happy as hell that it was a no lose profit maker coz hey, things go wrong and we still make a profit from the Government (Taxpayer)

Still cant stand the man.

However, the "Contradictions" reported...werent.

He freely admits to being against going into Afganistan, as an example....but when we were in, the USA had sent less troops than there are police in Manhattin, to pacify a country.

If your gonna do it, do it properly, appears to be the message...not send in just enough troops so that most of the Taliban and Al Queda escape.

Half of the film was wasted.... some was shocking, and some was downright boring.

Not something to get if you fancy enjoying a flick, but something to make you question not just the Government, but the media and Corporations too... which is probably why a lot f the media is against it

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast