Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fahrenheit 911

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Fahrenheit 911 broke opening records in New York. The film has caused praise and outrage depending on which side of the fence one sits even by people that haven't seen it.
    some want it banned, others say it's free speech at its best. I won't go and watch it personally, but i feel that instead of trying to stop its showing critics should try to concentrate on trying to counter claims depicted.

Do you feel that you could be swayed in the way you vote by seeing films such as this ? Forget the particular subject of this film so it isn't a "Bush issue"

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Vidcc want to venture a guess as to what I think about the film?

I think that it’s not going to have an affect as to which people are going to vote for. People who hate Bush hate him and people who support him will continue to do so.

The city where I live has decided not to show the film, which I think, is wrong. Moore’s film should be available to anyone who wants to see it no matter how factually incorrect it may be. I can’t wait until its released in the US so we can hammer it and prove just how much of a load of crap that it is.

But this is the good old USA and you have the right to say what ever you want no matter how stupid it is.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@24 June 2004 - 16:24

But this is the good old USA and you have the right to say what ever you want no matter how stupid it is.
    Apparently not.

The city where I live has decided not to show the film.

If they were free to say what they want it wouldnt be up to "the City", it would be upto the Cinema's... and the public could then have their say with their feet.

No one would be forcing them to go, however they'd have the opportunity to see it.

The very fact that "The City" has decided.... means that there is no "Right to say whatever you want" in that City.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    I said that I thought that it was wrong that they decided not to carry the film. People should have the opportunity to see the film and make up their own minds about it.

Man this is starting to get scary we’ve agreed on things twice in a week

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    i started this in movie world

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by TheCanuk@24 June 2004 - 15:55
    Hi-Jack this Bitch then man.You have to take a stand!

Show these fools that there is other Sections out there and you are not going to take it anymore!

*Wait.I just realized you are from Canada.Screw you! *

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    This film will influence people who wouldn't previously have voted.

These are the people the people that would most likely not vote for Bush.

Filmmaker Michael Wilson hopes to have his documentary "Michael Moore Hates America" in theaters late this summer as a rebuttal to "Fahrenheit."
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Busyman,

Say what you will about MM (j2 is particularly eloquent on the subject), but to accuse him of hating America is just plain silly.

I gather that you are a "Love it or Leave it" kinda guy.
    To me, this doesn't show any particular patriotic correctness, just a fundamental misunderstanding of what (potentially) makes America great.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Follow the (oil) money.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by TheCanuk@24 June 2004 - 13:55
    I saw that...what a flaming session. I posted it here after seeing how well the film was doing at it's release. was your original post about the film or my original question "Do you feel that you could be swayed in the way you vote by seeing films such as this ? Forget the particular subject of this film so it isn't a "Bush issue" "

It may not stay on the track that i set but it's more about reaction to films like it and if you feel you couldn't be swayed then why would anyone want it banned?

It's a social question not a film critic question so i feel justified in starting this seprately away from "movieworld"

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast