Thread: Not Uploading

Hello,

I am on a 1mb DSL connection. Anywase i am trying to download somthing using shadows BT client. I am behind a router but my ports are forwarded. I am connected to 5 seeds and 53 peers. I have my settings for dsl/cable with an upload rate of 15kb/s and max uploads to 8. Now i am experiencing really slow speeds and i think its because i cant seem to upload. My upload rate is zero? The light is green so i dont know whats the matter. How can i increase my speed by getting uploads.

Thanks

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    Try changing which ip ports bittorrent uses. Choose a continuous bunch of 20 ip ports, like 5000-5019 -- and if that doesn't work, try some different numbers. You'll need to CHANGE which ports you use on your router each time.

It could be your ISP is throttling the speeds for bittorrent traffic to nil or virtually nil, thus because SOME packets get through it's not technically firewalled -- but is still practically useless. The only way around that would be to use an expensive remote proxy server/service... or get a friend (on a different ISP) to download what you want.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    yea i think it probably is my ISP because i cannot get kazaa to work, nobody on my isp can. I wouldn't be surprised if they blocked all P2P.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    what's your isp? we should setup a list.
    "If you expect a kick in the balls, and you get a slap in the face, then it's a victory!" -old Irish wisdom

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Originally posted by downloadgeek@24 June 2004 - 12:50
    Hello,

I am on a 1mb DSL connection. Anywase i am trying to download somthing using shadows BT client. I am behind a router but my ports are forwarded. I am connected to 5 seeds and 53 peers. I have my settings for dsl/cable with an upload rate of 15kb/s and max uploads to 8. Now i am experiencing really slow speeds and i think its because i cant seem to upload. My upload rate is zero? The light is green so i dont know whats the matter. How can i increase my speed by getting uploads.

Thanks
    hmm i seem to be having the same fuckin problem i cant download shit off mirc or bittorrent