Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost Media , Putin's Revelation.

Originally posted by clocker@26 June 2004 - 01:59
    Where's the beef?
    The US media didn't "sweep this story under the rug".
    There was no story to bother with.
    I'm glad they were able to so definitively prove that this was all bunk and in such short order.

Oh, wait they didn't.

How is Putin's statement anymore or less credible than the statement made by those who warned of 9/11? Why didn't we act then? Because the statemnets were nebulous.

But, now we can turn our attention to the glorious Mr. Clinton and his exciting book. Blow jobs are so much more entertaining.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by hobbes@25 June 2004 - 22:11
    ...I was more commenting on the bias of this forum. How they will glut themselves on anything anti-Bush and ignore anything that might be favorable or indicate that the Iraq War has some gray and is not so simply black and white. Agenda is more important than truth, to some.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Talk about wanting it both ways, this forum takes the cake.

Ummm...what you said.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by hobbes@25 June 2004 - 20:11

I'm no Bush fan, I was more commenting on the bias of this forum. How they will glut themselves on anything anti-Bush and ignore anything that might be favorable or indicate that the Iraq War has some gray and is not so simply black and white. Agenda is more important than truth, to some.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Talk about wanting it both ways, this forum takes the cake.

Your comment about the "black/white" view of the war is dead on, hobbes.
    Unfortunately, I disagree about the origin of this polarization.

Bush championed this war in no uncertain terms.
    WMD.
    Immenent threat.
    Direct links to terrorists, specifically 9/11.

Who's fault is it now that all three of these assertions have been debunked?
    This forum's?

Bush made his bed and peed all over it... now he can sleep it it.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by hobbes+26 June 2004 - 01:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 26 June 2004 - 01:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rat Faced@25 June 2004 - 22:54
    There is nothing new here... of course they&#39;re going to make these plans. They arent gonna sit on their arse without making them.

However....did they actually follow through with them?

Wasn&#39;t that the entire lesson learned from 9/11?

A stitch in time saves nine. [/b][/quote]
    They made the plans because they were under immenent attack..

If the USA did not make plans of this type, under the same type of threat, then they would be grossly negligent.

You cannot say that plans made because of what a known enemies plans are...justfy the plans of the enemy.

IF Iraq had plans to attack the USA BEFORE 9/11, i could see your argument...as it is, there is no argument.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Originally posted by clocker+26 June 2004 - 14:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 26 June 2004 - 14:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@25 June 2004 - 20:11

I&#39;m no Bush fan, I was more commenting on the bias of this forum.&nbsp; How they will glut themselves on anything anti-Bush and ignore anything that might be favorable or indicate that the Iraq War has some gray and is not so simply black and white.&nbsp; Agenda is more important than truth, to some.

Damned if you do, damned if you don&#39;t. Talk about wanting it both ways, this forum takes the cake.

Your comment about the "black/white" view of the war is dead on, hobbes.
    Unfortunately, I disagree about the origin of this polarization.

Bush championed this war in no uncertain terms.
    WMD.
    Immenent threat.
    Direct links to terrorists, specifically 9/11.

Who&#39;s fault is it now that all three of these assertions have been debunked?
    This forum&#39;s?

Bush made his bed and peed all over it... now he can sleep it it. [/b][/quote]
    Agreed Clocker.

He will get no invitation for a sleepover at my house, the little bed wetter.

My post was about how this forum tends to ignore anything which is not totally anti-Bush, as it does not fit their agenda. Shades of gray and all that.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Originally posted by hobbes@26 June 2004 - 12:43
    ...how this forum tends to ignore anything which is not totally anti-Bush, as it does not fit their agenda. Shades of gray and all that.
    Again:

What you said.

We really must stop this, Hobbes; your reputation will surely suffer.

Mine&#39;s already in the crapper.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by j2k4+26 June 2004 - 10:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 26 June 2004 - 10:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@26 June 2004 - 12:43
    ...how this forum tends to ignore anything which is not totally anti-Bush, as it does not fit their agenda.&nbsp; Shades of gray and all that.
    Again:

What you said.
    [/b][/quote]
    I agree ( again) with the statement that this board is overwhelmingly anti-US in tone, but is this really the issue that you want to hang your hat on?

I think we blew this one big-time and the sooner we admit it, the better off the whole world will be.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Originally posted by clocker+26 June 2004 - 20:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker &#064; 26 June 2004 - 20:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by j2k4@26 June 2004 - 10:48
    <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes
    @26 June 2004 - 12:43
    ...how this forum tends to ignore anything which is not totally anti-Bush, as it does not fit their agenda. Shades of gray and all that.

Again:

What you said.
    I agree ( again) with the statement that this board is overwhelmingly anti-US in tone, but is this really the issue that you want to hang your hat on?

I think we blew this one big-time and the sooner we admit it, the better off the whole world will be.[/b][/quote]
    I think my first post in this thread says exactly what I want to hang my hat on.

As for how the Iraq war has played out, I have never been hesitant to voice my negative opinions.

If true though, Putin&#39;s comments are a bit of a shot in the arm, as far as restoring a modicum of credibility.

I like to talk about the issues. Sometimes we do good, sometimes we do bad and I think I call foul when I see one.

I was simply noting that if something comes around that might paint the US in a favorable way, the thread is ignored. If other opposite opinion is posted, it is a forum hey-day.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Originally posted by clocker@26 June 2004 - 17:33

I think we blew this one big-time and the sooner we admit it, the better off the whole world will be.
    I&#39;ve honestly lost track-

Which one are we speaking about?

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Originally posted by j2k4+27 June 2004 - 00:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 &#064; 27 June 2004 - 00:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-clocker@26 June 2004 - 17:33

I&#39;ve honestly lost track-

Which one are we speaking about? [/b][/quote]
    I believe we are talking about Monica Lewinsky and Bills new book. She is the one who really blew it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast