Thread: Hard Drive Cooler

angel_of_death57
    Hi their,
    I bought a hard drive cooler as some of you know one of those that screw ontothe hard drive but when i wascleaning pc i noticed that only 1 of the 2 fans the cooler runs. Does anyone know what this is. Think i should just take it back ot the shop i think i have receipt still.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    If it's (relatively) new and you still have the receipt then just return the lil bastard.

Then PM Abu and see if his magic HDD cooler is up for sale.
    It can singlehandedly reverse global warming.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    angel_of_death57
    Lol i will take it back, i gonna get a akasa i think they are called one of theirs. Thing is temp still around 20'c but is blowing onto the cirsuit part and not the black part so could effect sensor on the drive sayign temps. I will get it changed sometime this week or next.

The amount oftrouble with the pc eish.

I gonna build my own sometime soon.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by angel_of_death57@25 June 2004 - 09:33

If you think messing with a prebuilt PC is a lot of trouble, just wait till you build your own.

A whole new world of aggravation and agony awaits you....
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    angel_of_death57
    Originally posted by clocker+25 June 2004 - 17:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 25 June 2004 - 17:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-angel_of_death57@25 June 2004 - 09:33

If you think messing with a prebuilt PC is a lot of trouble, just wait till you build your own.

A whole new world of aggravation and agony awaits you.... [/b][/quote]
    Maybe so, i might just take all these bits and move them ot a better case and upgrade it alot. Nothing wrong with ym mobo its a good MSI one for Intel 3.2 Ghz and up so thats cool.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by clocker+25 June 2004 - 11:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 25 June 2004 - 11:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-angel_of_death57@25 June 2004 - 09:33

A whole new world of aggravation and agony awaits you.... [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t agree, messing with a prebuilt computer is far worse.

@angel_of_death, i always see those coolers on tigerdirect, and everytime i wonder how they stay attached to the drive...lol Now i know, thanks.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    angel_of_death57
    I have replaces it with a Asaka one now.

Just put a order in for it http://www.pcwcomponentcentre.co.uk/invt/akhdbl take a look.

yeh rossco they fit on standard 3.5Inc HDD and the under side where chips and all that are and screw into the spare holes. They are really good. I think my one i got not messed up ball bearings. Nevermind i prefer Asaka one. They do not cost much.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Thank God I had a hdd cooler. My cpu fan went out and i replaced it with one of the 2 fans on the hdd cooler. My temps are alittle high as its alot lower rmp but it will have to do for now.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@25 June 2004 - 20:40
    Thank God I had a hdd cooler. My cpu fan went out and i replaced it with one of the 2 fans on the hdd cooler. My temps are alittle high as its alot lower rmp but it will have to do for now.
    While you&#39;re at it, might as well buy an 80mm fan (low dbA high cfm one) and an 80mm to 60mm fan adaptor.

might be able to help ur temps a little, but probably not. Main thing is it is quieter.