Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ata Ide Ribbon Replacement

angel_of_death57
    Hi,
    I am changing my IDE ATA cables from Mobo to HDD from the awful ribbon stock crap to something less big and lets air flow better.

Are Mobo to HDD cables the same as Mobo to my 2 CD Drivers are they the same thing so if i order the cables i get a single one for mobo to hdd and a dual one for mobo to both drives are IDE ATA cable the same

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    you can put a pin though the center of each wire on the ide cables. slide on the pin until you have a slit then just put and the wire apart and they will seprate. when u do this 2 every wire you can tape them up and they are the same size as the rounded ones you would buy.
    B)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    angel_of_death57
    whats the point they are cheap to buy rounded ones are most drives 40 pin my hard drive is ATA133 not sure on my LG 4040B and my 4KUS DVD-16X6S

I think my LG 4040B will be 40Pin its ATA/E-IDE compatible

Also i am getting a Floppy Drive roudned cable are they all the same

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Yes CD drives and Hard drives use teh same IDE cable, floppy drives use a smaller one, not sure how many pins it is...

I just ordered two of these for my computer. Didn't order any for my floppy drive though...don't ahve a floppy drive lol.

Does anyone out there have an estimate at how long it will take UPS ground shipping to bring my stuff from Ohio, US, to Ontario, Canada? I think it should only take about a day delivery to get into ontario, then next day delivered to my house...so probably come monday or tuesday?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    I hear you shouldnt put HDD and Optical Drives on the same cable, as the Optical drive will slow it down. Put them each on a separate cable.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    angel_of_death57
    Rossco i got loads of them a few came with my Dolby system for when i want to plug a discmand into the stero ports.

Well i am buying these.

Floppy Drive Cable

My 2 DVD/CD Drive Cable

Hard Drive Cable

Are the lengths ok i think they should be i have a small case well average not one of those tiny ones. I checked PIN Sixe and they are all ok.

0.5meters should be fine and 45cm for hard drive ones.

Like the blueness

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    angel_of_death57
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@25 June 2004 - 22:17
    I hear you shouldnt put HDD and Optical Drives on the same cable, as the Optical drive will slow it down. Put them each on a separate cable.
    Ah no i am not doing that

I have my Hard Drive on its own calbe then my 2 cd drives on a seperate one

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@25 June 2004 - 16:17
    Thats what i always used to say, but people have told me that that isn't teh case nowadays cause no drive will reach its maximum bandwith anyway...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    angel_of_death57
    What do you think off what i have ordered. i think they will be ok. I also got a DDR RAM cooler as my pc does get hot.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Why did you get a (dubious) RAM cooler instead of addressing the root problem?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast