Thread: Help

I have a linksys Befsr41 router that i route my computers and PS2 to with cable internet but ever since i set the router up downloads have been either really slow or impossible can someone tell me what to do please??

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Your router has a built-in firewall -- if you DON'T have your router port-forward the ip ports of the (various?) file sharing program/s you use, then ALL INCOMMING CONNECTION ATTEMPTS ARE DESTROYED! (INCOMMING=from the internet to you)

This means you're losing access to about 60-90% of the file-sharing networks you connect to. And of the remaining 10-40% you CAN download from/upload to, they are ALSO sharing to the entire network -- so you get VERY slow speeds.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    i use Kazaa Lite K++ can u tell me what i should do to my router im not really that technical of a person

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Kazaa Lite typically uses 1 ip port -- that ip port needs to be forwarded from your router to your computer. You'll need to look at/in your router manual (download the manual online if you lost it&#33 to figure out how.

ALSO, you'll need KaNAT -- a separate program for use with Kazaa Lite, which makes Kazaa Lite think it's not running from behind a router.

Only when you do those 2 things together will you ever get out of the firewalled state in Kazaa Lite.

Do searches (like for KaNAT and port-forwarding) on the various forums HERE to find more info if what I told you isn't informative enough.