Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Rap Is Crap With A Capital C

i have more skills then any rapper they just make millions buy f*cking image
    Firstly, I doubt that you have more skills than any rapper... can you freestyle?? and I think that you can argue that any genre of music is crap... you just hav to think of it's flaws e.g garage is too repetative. Secondly , I think that you are thinking of pop wen you are talking about image cos pop 'stars' are the ones who appear on TV etc I dont know what rap u listen to but the rappers I listen to dont giv a f**k about their image... you should come up with a better argument next time

2. Music   -   #22
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Wow, this guy got flamed, but he was asking for it really

The Roots use live instruments in all their shows and have an original sound, unlike any other.

People like Common, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, and many others have lyrics that are more like poetry than anything else, and are really quite amazing when you listen to them. The lyrical content is much more intelligent than many rock and metal bands out there.

Good music does not just have to consist of a guitar, a bass, and a drumkit. Music is about making sounds, and if a computer can make those beautiful sounds then it will be used, and rightfully so. Hell, even Radiohead used drum machines in their last two albums. Change is not a bad thing, but something to be embraced - remember all this "it's not real music" stuff you're coming out with was said when the Beatles came on the scene too.

Like has been said already, you may not like the rap you hear on the radio, but believe me, a lot of hip hop fans don't like it either. In every genre the best stuff will rarely be played on MTV, and you have to look to find it. Just look at Sum 41, Blink 182 and all the other "American Pie" bands out there - dumb lyrics, and music that could be played by anyone who has been playing the guitar for a year.

If you wanna form an opinion, listen to some of the artists I mentioned above. P2P means you now don't have to rely on the radio to hear new stuff, so use it and expand your world!

3. Music   -   #23
    I agree some rap music is crappy but alot of it is good. You need to get your ears washed out or join the rest of 50+ year olds out there.

4. Music   -   #24
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    Don't get me wrong, I like listening to metal, but it's by far the music that requires the least skill. Even pop needs dancing skills or whatnot, while metal is just knowing to play the electric guitar, the keyboard and some other stuff - about a fourth of my school possesses all those skills... rap requires many skills, you have to be able to talk fast and clear, not to mention you have to breathe just right, and many other things. It's like opera, just that instead of keeping the same note the rapper talks. It requires a lot of skill, beleive me. On the other hand, i do agree that most rap music is CRAP, only a few rappers out there really have what it takes to be rappers.

5. Music   -   #25
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by adthomp@19 March 2003 - 05:59
    I dont listen to comercial shit I listen to bands u wouldn't have herd of nethoremore iced earth in flames acid bath stone temple pilots take that in min asshole
    I like these bands; I also like a lotta rap- Eminem, Snoop, biggie, NWA (years back I know) etc.
    I tend to not be 2 dimensional about my music tastes. If I like it I like it. If not I would'nt go getting myself all upset about it.
    I dont think insulting someone because of their views on musical taste is an intelligent idea either.
    Oh and btw,before I get flamed for liking rap, I play bass with a lot of rock, metal and punk influences.
    Anyways if you want real music, listen to some goth rock!!!

6. Music   -   #26
    no1's gonna flame u for liking rap.
    we support it.

also, to someone else, OF COURSE the lyrical content is more intelligent than other music. its fuckin poetry!
    and although other music also rhymes, rap verses are always unique and make the music worth listenin to. Also, some songs have no so good lyrics but a hype beat, and that also makes the song!

so if u doin tha speed limit get tha fuck outta my way!... and u about ta get ran da fuck ova!
    - Luda
    B)

7. Music   -   #27
    TRshady
    Why the hell do you have to go on about rap just coz you dont like it?

People like thier own type of music, that they can relate to, understand, be effected by or simply enjoy. Rap is talent, I'm guessing I would call your tastes shit but I've got better things to do. Listen to decent rap before going against it. Now I like a lot of different music but rap has effected me the most and will always be my favourite, so shut the fuck and keep to your shit and I'll keep to mine.

8. Music   -   #28
    In keeping with the inane topic title 'Rap is crap with a capital C'

obviously

'You are dim with a capital D'

it is a simple minded fool who states such an inane quote, knowing that he is going to get BOMBED in some style

I agree that all music has it's flaws ,personally I love rap, I also listen to R'n'B, soul, Motown, Blues, Bhangra, some indie, italian opera (a lil' bit) and some classical
    so I would say that my music taste is fairly broad

so in the words of LLCool J &#39;I&#39;m gonna kno<k you out&#39; if you dis rap again (with a capital letter or not)

~-- patience just takes practice --~

9. Music   -   #29
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    If you believe that all rap is crap then you are far too narrow minded.

Im not a huge fan but there are some great tracks out there.

why don&#39;t you download a few that people have recomended and see what you are missing out on.

oh yeah and gansta rap is crap. when i commented about it to someone the other day there response was
    "its real life man you know where im coming from"

yeah right pulling drive by&#39;s , murder and rape has now become my favourite passtimes.

10. Music   -   #30
    well said guys. ive noticed that he hasnt responded again.

and btw, gangsta rap is not crap. listen to Hit em Up by Pac. a bit violent, but a good song. (and Pac wuz a gangsta rapper, ever heard of him?).

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast