Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Rap Is Crap With A Capital C

1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    In my opinion adthomp is a bit immature. Its would pretty stupid of me to go into the movie disscussion and make a thread titled "All Sci F| Movies SUXORZ" and not expect to get flamed.

This is an open forum of disscussion, and you may have intended this for you and your anti rap cronies to hang out and bitch about rappers and the genre, but you should realize that the pro rap people we going to have an opinion.

Your entitled to your opinion, but bash and rap, and now nirvana... thats a pretty silly thing to do.

Any how, rap, like all forms of music, has its pros and cons, i personally think most metal is shit. Too much wailing and screaming and hardly of any of its understandable. But that doesnt im going to sit and bitch about it all day long either.

2. Music   -   #92
    In my opinion I think rap is horrible. The only rap that I like is Andre Nickatina, Cypress Hill, and The Beastie Boys. In my opinion rap is ruining MTV, MTV2, Television, and our pop culture. I have nothing to back anything I just said up so dont ask my why I think that. Its just my opinion. BUT it is ruining MTV. MTV used to play all rock and punk videos and had its fair share of rap videos too which is kool, but now its all rap and pop. I never see rock or punk on. There is ALL THINGS ROCK which is a show on MTV that I used to watch, but now Direct Effect is on instead of it so if I want to watch rock videos I have to wait untill about 2 or sumtimes even 3 in the morning to watch it just so rap fans can watch a rerun of DIRECT EFFECT which already played twice that same day, yet ALL THINGS ROCK hadn't even played yet once that day. I have complained to MTV numerous times. I have sent them about 5 emails and have even sent them a regular postage mail telling them how its unfair and how they are ruining the network, but I never get replys. I personally hate rap and think its all deep voices talking about smoking weed and geting head and beating people up or talking about gangs and shit (which is kool, but fuck me that is not music nor talent)

I am sorry, I don't want to get flamed. I just wanted to state my opinion

3. Music   -   #93
    Poster
    mate i know i wont flame you you put forward your case in a very good manner so well done

i dont know what country you live in.. but on UK sky digita there is a TON of punky stuff on mtv.. the only channel with good rap is MTV Base

man top of the pops (UK chart show) is filled with that sort of stuff

not my cup of T well i listen to a bit.. i got Evanescence Fallen playing atm

Tom.
    <span style='color:red'>Eagle one, this is God in position.</span>

4. Music   -   #94
    Well, personaly I have never liked rap.
    Because, the only rap I have heard, is where they sing about how bad they feel, or theyr on drung or some shit like that.

I listen to Trance music.
    No not techno, there is a difference&#33;
    Trance is more melodic that techno, and dosn&#39;t sound like it&#39;s stuck in the same groove like some techno does&#33;

And did you know that P. diddy (or what&#39;s his name) is getting more and more into trance, he has just made a new dance music project, It&#39;s true&#33;

5. Music   -   #95
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Well if P-Diddy gets his ass out of the hip hop business I&#39;ll be a happy man&#33;

Not all rap is about drugs/women/cars etc, it&#39;s just that is what tends to get aired the most. Delve a little deeper and you will find stuff that doesn&#39;t turn you off so easily.

6. Music   -   #96
    Poster
    South Cali where the beach is warm and the babes are hott!!!
    MY opinion (lol)

to each his own, I personally listen to both rap and Metal. whoch is practically unheard of these days.....

I believe there are bands and artists out there that shouldn&#39;t be played.........
    But I certainly believe that rap, like metal (in a way) IS music.....
    Don&#39;t stereotype anybody, it just causes shit.....

I try not to stereotype anybody,
    seeing as how I lived in poverty most of my childhood.....I&#39;ve lived like both sides......

7. Music   -   #97
    Just one more comment from me, then i&#39;ll leave this topic alone&#33;&#33;&#33; People who love rap (like me), don&#39;t listen to all rap, just certain groups and artists. I&#39;m sure there are some rock fans out there that absolutly hate one of the rock groups that is out right now..... Point being, you can&#39;t really say you hate all rap, because there is no way in hell you&#39;ve heard it all.

Peace , StEpS

8. Music   -   #98
    Poster
    i have more skills then any rapper they just make millions buy f*cking image and little tenn pop girls and young people like u who couldnt be bothered learning to play an instrument
    Man you have no clue about what you are saying. All because rap doesn&#39;t reach your own reality doesn&#39;t mean it is crap with a capital c.

Perhaps you have more skills at picking your asshole or flicking boogers you bugger, but if you are saying you can flow better than any rapper, your mind is in the crapper. Yes, we like a variety of music here and rap is a part of the music society alrighty. I wouldn&#39;t say they are songs, but they are tracks. Also, what are your thoughts on a DJ. Do you think it is a piece of cake to scratch and mix music? Well, if you do, then you are just crazy.

9. Music   -   #99
    Poster
    actully the funny thing is I have all of Nirvans albums there music sounds ok but what i&#39;m saying is kurts guitar player sux its to easy takes 2 minutes to learn breed smells like tenn blah blah Alice in Chains takes a few hours its like that damm smoke on the water riff "come as U are" the first damm riff a noob learns on guitar
    All of these artists are genious...I am sure they weren&#39;t trying to go over you inflated head while making the riffs come alive. In addition, curts guitar player doesn&#39;t suck. He added a great sound to the music that was being created. Who cares if you can learn to play the songs easily, they are still all great songs. Nirvanas music sounds ok...well excuse me, I am sure they had no idea that such a great critic as yourself would have come down on them so hard. They probably wouldn&#39;t have played at all if they had a clue you thought these things about the guitarist. Damn was it you that caused curt to shoot. Punk.

10. Music   -   #100
    Im sorry, but I can&#39;t help but laugh at this ENTIRE thread&#33;&#33;

This is so funny watching someone come in and start a flame war saying they hate rap, then they change their mind and say they like some rap, just not all. HahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaHahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaHahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaHahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahha&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Just for the record, I love Rap, Rock, Alternative, Just about anything. Why don&#39;t you people try a little bit of everything and then see if we can&#39;t all just get along.

Eminem is the shit&#33;&#33;

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast