Thread: Spiderman 2 Pc = Kiddy Game.....

Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Activision confirms E-rated Spider-Man 2 PC game

Following a flurry of demo-sparked confusion, the developer admits it is releasing a separate, kids-oriented version of its movie tie-in.
    Last week, copies of the PC version of Spider-Man 2 began to surface on the Web. However, gamers who downloaded the demo found it bore little resemblance to the open-ended action adventure game being developed by Treyarch for consoles. Instead, the demo showed a much less complex, obviously youth-oriented game from Fizz Factor, codeveloper of The Hobbit.

Today, Activision reps confirmed that the PC Spider-Man 2 will be completely different from its console cousins. "The PC version of Spider-Man 2 is rated 'E' and targeted towards kids eight years of age and older, and it is not a port of the console versions," read an e-mail from the publisher that was circulated to the press.

According to Activision, the PC Spider-Man 2 game will have "an exciting storyline exclusive to Spider-Man 2 PC" and will feature classic Spidey nemeses, like Doctor Octopus and Puma. Players will go through 18 missions and nine distinct environments using "highly realistic webswinging abilities" to travel between streets and rooftops, which represents "a first in a Spider-Man-based PC title." The game will employ a "simplified point-and-click control scheme" and will only require a PC with a 600MHz processor speed and 128MB of RAM. Activision said more details on the PC Spider-Man 2 are forthcoming.
    SOURCE

Great.... One of my most anxious game is now a kiddy game...... all i wanted to do is roam around New York swinging around buildings like i pretend to do when i'm at downtown....... :'( :'(

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    funny thing is tho at the spiderman2 website it still said its coming out for PC, and Activision has still made no "official" announcement about it. trickier by activision is weak. i hope they burn in hell for both mistakes. changing the PC version and not making an official announcement.

3. Games   -   #3
    I thought there was something wrong with it LMAO, this is some funny ass shit, my brother was the one who wanted me to get it, he was saying "oh, it's not that bad" .
    "If you expect a kick in the balls, and you get a slap in the face, then it's a victory!" -old Irish wisdom

4. Games   -   #4

Glad to be a console gamer.

How does he fight criminals ? Does he just talk them into being nice ? Maybe sing a song ?

5. Games   -   #5
    The demo is horrible if the real game is the same i wont bother
    -TiMz

6. Games   -   #6
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    friend bought it for gamecube. IT SUCKS

7. Games   -   #7
    dude your crazy this game rules on Console. Just crusin over the city is fun

8. Games   -   #8
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    i personally perfer the movie more than the game i dont know why but the game just seems child'ish to me

9. Games   -   #9
    Originally posted by mofos@17 July 2004 - 05:53
    i personally perfer the movie more than the game i dont know why but the game just seems child'ish to me
    well duhhh games based on movies always suck but hey people wanted Free Roaming with Spiderman and they got it. I Dont even play the game i just swing around

10. Games   -   #10
    Originally posted by Monkeee+16 July 2004 - 20:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Monkeee @ 16 July 2004 - 20:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mofos@17 July 2004 - 05:53
    &nbsp; i personally perfer the movie more than the game i dont know why but the game just seems child&#39;ish to me&nbsp;
    well duhhh games based on movies always suck but hey people wanted Free Roaming with Spiderman and they got it. I Dont even play the game i just swing around [/b][/quote]
    Game is pretty damn good if you ask me.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.