Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Booting To Cd From Boot Disk

Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by Keikan+29 June 2004 - 01:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Keikan &#064; 29 June 2004 - 01:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>@chewieUK

Well the the cd is bootable don&#39;t you think WINISO would have made a bootable iso? No it didn&#39;t and thats where we are today...[/b]

Well, WinISO is a highly regarded application amongst those that have used it; perhaps you have chosen the wrong highly regarded application to copy the disc, perhaps you have used it in the wrong manner whilst copying, or perhaps you have a hardware problem. It did not work and no, that is not where we are today, it is where you are today.

Originally posted by Keikan@29 June 2004 - 01:54
    @chewieUK

...Ok i got the cd drivers to load and when xp setup it says setup has an internal error no place for swap file...
    When does what say it has an internal error? At the beginning of setup? During? While setup is copying files? When it&#39;s booting for the first time?
    When?

Originally posted by Keikan@29 June 2004 - 01:54
    @chewieUK

...hey i didn&#39;t finalize my burn with nero anyway to add something so it can boot>?
    I don&#39;t think DOS can &#39;see&#39; past the initial session.

<!--QuoteBegin-Keikan
    @29 June 2004 - 23:00
    Ya I have formatted the drive with NTFS, that why it don&#39;t work?[/quote]

I thought you used WinISO; this is a second disc, then?
    Nope, it&#39;d be pretty daft for XP to be able to format NTFS and not read it.
    What size is the partition you are installing to?
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Why not make your copy bootable.... There are lots of guides online on how to do this..

Look here...

http://old.bink.nu/xpbootcd/

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    I don&#39;t wanna use another cd-r I wasted too many cd-rs lately, they&#39;re not cheap you know.

I get the error when right after i type winnt.exe it give me a blue setup screen and says that error and then i have to press enter to go back to dos.

Ya I know where i screwed up whats the difference between aspi and file?
    Well logically if you were to make a iso from a cd-rom you would want it to be exactly the same right??? So whats the point of the option to pick between a exact copy OR semi exact copy???

I&#39;ll go burn myself another copy, I always fucking screw up making operating system discs
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Not to be an ass but discs. I know what your gonna say but I wanna to add that anyways.

But y not just use Nero to burn? The iso/bin images for OS&#39;s are made to be bootable.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by Keikan@29 June 2004 - 19:58
    I don&#39;t wanna use another cd-r I wasted too many cd-rs lately, they&#39;re not cheap you know.

I get the error when right after i type winnt.exe it give me a blue setup screen and says that error and then i have to press enter to go back to dos.

Ya I know where i screwed up whats the difference between aspi and file?
    Well logically if you were to make a iso from a cd-rom you would want it to be exactly the same right??? So whats the point of the option to pick between a exact copy OR semi exact copy???

I&#39;ll go burn myself another copy, I always fucking screw up making operating system discs
    Don&#39;t fell so bad I still fffff them up too.Why,Who knows ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12