Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cpu Speed Cache Fsb

Twist3r
    Thanks for that tip, I too read through the specs of the ABIT board and found it better, but 15 dollers more
    edit: the 5.1 audio was the biggest thing i liked

heres the updated list

So here is currently my list all currancy is US:

ABIT "NF7-S" nForce2 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU
    Link
    $85

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ "Barton", 333 FSB, 512K Cache Processor
    Link
    $80

Kingmax 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200
    Link
    $81

SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON 9800PRO Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP
    Link
    $214

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Excellent choices.

What about the Case and PSU?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    now THAT sounds good
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Twist3r
    Finding a case that will suit my needs is hard!

Newegg says the mobo has 6x USB2.0 (Rear 2)
    so thats 2 USB ports in back and 4 in front, also (clocker is going to hate this), but a case that comes with a power supply would be nice and a fan in back and a fan in side would be cool

im still searching if you guys stumble apoin anything good please post it

edit: hows this look?

Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://images10.newegg.com/productimage/11-145-018-17.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

Drive Bays: 5.25" x 4/0, 3.5" x 2/4 (external/internal)
    Expansion Slots: 7
    Front Ports: USB2.0 x2, Audio, FireWire
    Power Supply: 400w
    Cooling System: 1X 80mm LED case fan included
    Motherboard Compatibility: ATX

Link

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Poster
    Have you read the reviews on that motherboard(nf7-s) It seemed a group of people had problems with it. Just a note.
    "You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do."
    -Henry Ford

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Twister,

First it was Abe, now you.I noticed that PoSMax case with it's special 400Watt POS included is attracting you guys like flies to rubbish.

Read this,
    And this.

Get a case with good air ventilation.Ask Clocker and the others for more information about that.

For the PSU, I'd recommend a Fortron 530 Watt.You'll get a free newegg T-shirt when you buy that.Woohoo.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Interesting case, I've never seen it.
    Have you read the reviews?
    Here is the first line of the first review ( posted on Newegg's own site, no less...)
    "This case is a piece of crap, The lighting effects look cool but I had to RMA this case 3 times due to a faulty PSU. This is not newegg's fault its the manufacturer powmax. I would skip this case an... See complete review>".

Not terribly promising, but do as you see fit.
    Clocker certainly won't "hate it", but he reserves the right to gloat down the line.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by Twister+30 June 2004 - 06:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Twister &#064; 30 June 2004 - 06:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Newegg says the mobo has 6x USB2.0 (Rear 2)
    so thats 2 USB ports in back and 4 in front[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Twister
    @30 June 2004 - 06:27
    Image Resized
    <a href=&#39;
    http://images10.newegg.com/productim...18-17.JPG&#39; target=&#39;image&#39;>Image Resized
    [img]http://images10.newegg.com/productimage/11-145-018-17.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'></a>

Drive Bays: 5.25" x 4/0, 3.5" x 2/4 (external/internal)
    Expansion Slots: 7
    Front Ports: USB2.0 x2, Audio, FireWire
    Power Supply: 400w
    Cooling System: 1X 80mm LED case fan included
    Motherboard Compatibility: ATX

Link
    [/quote]

doesnt that seem usefull
    4x front USB sounds nice, but hardly any case supports it

and if you really want good audio, dont get the onboard crap, get a real sound card (no matter how good ur onboard is, there is always a reason those things are still made on separate cards )
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Twist3r
    Abe Posted on 30 June 2004 - 07:38
    Have you read the reviews on that motherboard(nf7-s) It seemed a group of people had problems with it. Just a note.
    Yes indeed I have, a few have had some bad experiances with it, and others have had good experiances with it including Clocker. I am still thinking about going back to the ASUS board to save some money sence 75% of the time I will be using headphones not speakers.

Super Dude Posted on 30 June 2004 - 07:44
    For the PSU, I&#39;d recommend a Fortron 530 Watt.You&#39;ll get a free newegg T-shirt when you buy that.Woohoo.
    That is a very nice PSU, but im not sure if I can fit it in the budget yet, what I might do is buy a Case/350W PSU for 30 or so dollers, and use the PSU and I wont overclock untill I get a good PSU like Fortron 530 Watt.

Storm Posted on 30 June 2004 - 12:29
    and if you really want good audio, dont get the onboard crap, get a real sound card (no matter how good ur onboard is, there is always a reason those things are still made on separate cards
    Agan what I might end up doing is go back to the ASUS board sence I just use headphones most of the time anyway, at first the 5.1 sounded AWSOME like I had to have it then i realized I would have to buy good speakers and they wouldn&#39;t get much use.

clocker Posted on 30 June 2004 - 07:52
    Have you read the reviews?
    Here is the first line of the first review ( posted on Newegg&#39;s own site, no less...)
    "This case is a piece of crap, The lighting effects look cool but I had to RMA this case 3 times due to a faulty PSU. This is not newegg&#39;s fault its the manufacturer powmax. I would skip this case an... See complete review>".

Not terribly promising, but do as you see fit.
    Clocker certainly won&#39;t "hate it", but he reserves the right to gloat down the line.
    Yes now that I take the time to read them, they are pretty bad I was too buisy looking at the pictures

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Storm@30 June 2004 - 04:29

and if you really want good audio, dont get the onboard crap, get a real sound card (no matter how good ur onboard is, there is always a reason those things are still made on separate cards )
    Storm,
    Most reviews of the SoundStorm on-board sound ( both the Asus and the ABIT have it) say that it is as good as almost any PCI card.
    I suppose that a Audigy Platinum wold be better, but by how much and at what cost?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123