Thread: Xp And Newcomputers

Poster
    I'm building a pc from scracth and after buying the parts I will have $40 left over and off work for 2 weeks.

Anyways , I have an XP corporate version from KL and I used to on this comp to change WIN ME to a clean XP and some files did not install so I figure its corrupted.

Can you install a pirated XP version on a new comp with no OS?

I feel I should just to go buy it , but a new OS will be coming soon.
    "You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do."
    -Henry Ford

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Can you install a pirated XP version on a new comp with no OS?
    Yes thats fine, its probably even recommended over upgrading.

The version you got off KL may well be corrupted as there are a lot of corrupted files on the network, i'd recommend you use emule or bittorrent for getting software.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Thanks. Know a good XP pro file from biotorrent? I have ABC.
    -Henry Ford

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    Originally posted by Abe@29 June 2004 - 20:51
    Thanks. Know a good XP pro file from biotorrent? I have ABC.
    there's a few on suprnova.org

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    I'm dling Microsoft Windows XP Pro Corp sp1 , its the fastest and most popular , must be good. Thanks
    -Henry Ford

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    got that one to, it works fine....... just make sure you have a key (prefferably multiple) ready when you boot from CD and install it.........
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I think I got that one, but it's in polish or some language, does anyone know which one is in english (i'm trying to get another one but it's going SLOW) and there are no viable downloads on IRC (all also slow, or offline)

can someone give me the name (exact name ) of one in english and also one that will boot

also do I need to do anything special in nero to get it to boot?? like setting sector heads? Or does the .cue take care of that??

(as you can guess I've been having problems with this )

should I get the one with SP2 integrated? is that the "legit" SP2, or am I going to run into a bunch of problems later on if I get that one??
    "If you expect a kick in the balls, and you get a slap in the face, then it's a victory!" -old Irish wisdom

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    Originally posted by Titus808@3 July 2004 - 07:25
    should I get the one with SP2 integrated? is that the "legit" SP2, or am I going to run into a bunch of problems later on if I get that one??
    yeah wait for the offical release of SP2 (proper version) i have read its coming out 21 july. anyways as soon as it is out someone will slipstream and put it up on the net.ie suprnova.org, mirc

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    this is good, I'm getting the one with slipstreamed SP1 (I was getting one with sp2 as well but it was going far too slow) so hopefully when the official sp2 comes out, my cd key wont be left out or something :/, I have a bunch, I can only hope they work, if you know of a cd key that will not be banned from the official SP2 please feel free to PM me I think you guys said before that the cd-key problem wont be...a problem with corp.

by the way, sorry for posting about this topic so many times, I'm just trying to get this right, I never had such a hard time with win2000, so I want to make sure I dont fuck up this time around, with a 200 gig hd I have to make sure everything is cool before continuing.
    "If you expect a kick in the balls, and you get a slap in the face, then it's a victory!" -old Irish wisdom