Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Kazaa Lite 2.4.5

erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    Ok, a suggestion. When you first run the installer, and you get to the page where it shows to information about the tools, you should include info about KaNat, KMagnet, MP3shield, and HOSTS Manager as they are missing from those notes.
    And make the HOSTS Manager an option of installing or not, as that too is missing from the customization of the installer. But good job by the way.

Edit: And if i have kazaa lite k++ already on my computer, do i have to uninstall it first, the run the installer? Or can i just install over it? Cause i know kazaa resurrection and kazaa tools will just install along side of kazaa lite k++ since it installs in different folders.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    nsane's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Bishtawiman@3 July 2004 - 18:13
    Ok, a suggestion. When you first run the installer, and you get to the page where it shows to information about the tools, you should include info about KaNat, KMagnet, MP3shield, and HOSTS Manager as they are missing from those notes.
    And make the HOSTS Manager an option of installing or not, as that too is missing from the customization of the installer. But good job by the way.

Edit: And if i have kazaa lite k++ already on my computer, do i have to uninstall it first, the run the installer? Or can i just install over it? Cause i know kazaa resurrection and kazaa tools will just install along side of kazaa lite k++ since it installs in different folders.
    1. added (ill be uploading 2.4.5.2 in a few hours)
    2. the hosts manager is only installed if supertrick is selected
    3. should work installing over 2.4.3, i used all the same setting. uninstall entries, folders, etc are all teh same as 2.4.3 (except for the db folder which is now in the main folder)

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    cool, just installed it. hehehe, should have waited for 2.452 to come out, but what the hell. And just a question, but what happened to 2.44?

And as previous noted, you should change the About box. The version # and built date is still old. And, add http://www.sharethefiles.com and http://www.sharethefiles.org to the web page since they have verified links and it used to be fasttrack central/movies.

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    Here is some more things you could to to inprove the installer.

1. Uncheck "disable being a supernode" by default. (we could use more kl supernode to connect to)

2. Uncheck the "Supertrick" by default. That stuff can really mess up some computers.

Also see if you could change the User Config Wizard to not set the "do not function as a suprnode" option.

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    nsane's Avatar .
    i dont know about the user config wizard, i'd have to decompile it and i'm trying to keep it simple here

any of the sites that caused probs with other sites have been filtered out thanx to Lite over on the K-Lite v2.6 project, if that's what your refering too?

but i just finished compiling 2.4.5.2 and it should be uploaded soon

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    No I mean the Supertrick itself can mess up some computers. It can cause some computers to become unstable and so slow that it is no longer usable.

Yes I agree you should keep it simple but don`t make major changes to the computer configuration by default.

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    nsane's Avatar .
    alright ill work on setting for the next release

but for now, i just upload 2.4.5.2, downloads on my site of course

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    ariel I think the settings are OK. no need to tweak them.

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    Originally posted by nsane@4 July 2004 - 00:52
    alright ill work on setting for the next release

but for now, i just upload 2.4.5.2, downloads on my site of course
    So whats different with this version?

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    nsane's Avatar .
    look on my site

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast