Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monitor Question

orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    What exactly does this do? My monitor was currently set on 60hz, but then i changed it to 85 hz, and things became more aliased. I'm not sure which is better, higher, or lower?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    higher is better, aparatnly to an extent (never did find this extent with my monitors ).

Around 75-100 is apparantly best

It makes the moinitor refresh faster, reducing, umm, flicker it hink it is called, and it is better, doesn't make u sickk and stuff, gives me headahces when it is really low.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I see, but it gives me a headache when its higher? So it is like a flourescent light? How they flicker like 1million times a second? And when some people can see that, they get head aches?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by orcutt989@25 June 2004 - 22:53
    I see, but it gives me a headache when its higher? So it is like a flourescent light? How they flicker like 1million times a second? And when some people can see that, they get head aches?
    ya, just like a flourescent light...

actually, in my head, computers aren't like other things, other things are like computers

anyway, how high did u set it? put it around 70-80...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I can only set mine up to 60 before it just stays black

Need a new one.

Damn rossco, going for the the entire page?
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@25 June 2004 - 23:01
    I can only set mine up to 60 before it just stays black

Need a new one.

Damn rossco, going for the the entire page?

about ur black thing ( ), umm, what resoulation are you using? im guessing it is a 15" monitor, and ur trying 1024x768...am i right?

antispam has got me for like teh fifth time tongiht.

edit: nvm, just realized, i did SO MUCH posting today lol.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Well my monitor is a Plug and Play monitor, and Intel, and other companies made these monitors user-friendly, so they only give you the refresh rates that are most compatible for your operating system, how the graphics card and monitor communicate, so i set mine to 85hz, and i guess i will just have to get used to it. I dont know what the problem is, i made a post about this a long time ago, but for some reason different shades of grey, just show up as black. So when i want to make a certain font a color, and that little winow pops up, to pick the colors, the different shades of colors, are the same color. Such as the different shades of black. And it is hard to see some movies and pictures because all i can see its mostly black, and some dark figures, whereas with my friend's PC's, you can see them just fine. Argh, maybe my graphics card is just worn out. The colors, contrast, and brightness are all the way up on my monitor.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by orcutt989@25 June 2004 - 23:07
    Well my monitor is a Plug and Play monitor, and Intel, and other companies made these monitors user-friendly, so they only give you the refresh rates that are most compatible for your operating system, how the graphics card and monitor communicate, so i set mine to 85hz, and i guess i will just have to get used to it. I dont know what the problem is, i made a post about this a long time ago, but for some reason different shades of grey, just show up as black. So when i want to make a certain font a color, and that little winow pops up, to pick the colors, the different shades of colors, are the same color. Such as the different shades of black. And it is hard to see some movies and pictures because all i can see its mostly black, and some dark figures, whereas with my friend's PC's, you can see them just fine. Argh, maybe my graphics card is just worn out. The colors, contrast, and brightness are all the way up on my monitor.
    I remember that post, ya sounds like it is either a graphics driver problem (they have brightness and stuff in their config) or it is ur monitor...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Lower I think would give you a headache . What does your moniter support ? In display properties , check hide modes this moniter can't display . Last thing you want to do is HOOP your moniter . I have a top of the line VIEWSONIC PRO set at 85 no problems. But I'm older with eye troubles .

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by peat moss@25 June 2004 - 23:12
    HOOP
    MY DOGGY!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast