Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Bittorent Client Is This?

Originally posted by CornerPocket+2 July 2004 - 16:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CornerPocket &#064; 2 July 2004 - 16:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by vegeta@1 July 2004 - 10:40
    <!--QuoteBegin-Broken
    @30 June 2004 - 19:05
    The client shown above is either the original or shadows. It&#39;s hard for me to tell because they are so similar in appearance.

Yes there are other clients, my fav being Torrentstorm (v. 1.1, I don&#39;t like the others).

Upload speed is directly connected to downloand. The faster you have your upload, the faster you have your upload. But, if you have your upload too high then you could cause a bottleneck and you&#39;ll get horrible speeds.

If you can tell me what you upload speed is for you line, I will tell you where to set it.

usually my upload speed is 3-4-5kb bt my download speed never go&#39;s above 4kb
    Are you using firewall/router? Those can have an effect if not set properly............

perhaps listing your system setup would help us, help you. [/b][/quote]
    i have notron av 2k3,zone alaram pro(3.1),win xp pro sp1,128k cable connection(i know cables r never this slow but its about 1mb speed distributed to diff users thats y,1mb connection r too costly here in india),thats it

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Do you have a port opened in your firewall for your BT client? That is prolly the mist likely reason

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Try dumping zone alarm and trying a different firewall that one has issues with bt

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    I&#39;ve always used the "normal" BitTorrent. After reading this thread I downloaded BitTornado. I doubled my speed and I like having options to play with - although I don&#39;t understand them all yet.

I&#39;m still not approaching the speeds some of you are talking about but I am getting about 30Kbs which is better than I got before. Thanks guys.

Now, If I could only figure out how to poke a hole in the Windows XP firewall for It......

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster
    Azureus for life&#33; If you like having lots of control over your client Azureus is the way to go.

Anyway as the others have said that&#39;s BitTornado, a good, easy to use BT client.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by BCCorn@4 July 2004 - 22:37
    Now, If I could only figure out how to poke a hole in the Windows XP firewall for It......
    Simple, disable Win XP firewall and get a REAL firewall program. (...no, Zone Alarm v5 doesn&#39;t qualify&#33

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Thanks,
    I&#39;ve managed to poke my hole. Now getting 40-45Kbs. I&#39;ve been using BitTorrent for a couple of years but I&#39;ve never seen those speeds before.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    i have a real bad luck cuz it shows(bittorrendo) 24mb uploaded and 12mb downloaded

upload speed is 4kb and dl speed is 1kb

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    try using sygate personal firewall as a firewall, ive been using it for a few months and nothin has come through

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    I use Bitttorrent EXPERIMENTAL client. Works just like the original, but alows to limit upload speed. Never had problems. Looks just like your picture.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast