Thread: Sloooooooooooooooooow Speeds

Poster
    I'm getting about 0-3Kb/s only but wherelse I've got a 512K dl connection .uploading sometimes is as low as 0 but it'll go to the max for a few seconds then it goes down to 0.I've forwarded my ports and I've tried different bt client but no change to the speed.I've tried downloading different things,some with seeders outnumbering leechers, but the speeds are still slow.I've left my bt for 2 hours but the speeds don't change at all.I've used other p2p progs and the speeds were normal(40Kb/s+).The problem started last week,before that my bt speeds were great.Can anyone help me...please?

Thanks

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    linkazoid
    Is the status light in the corner yellow or green.

If yellow then you may be getting firewalled by youur software, if you are using winxp then make sure that it is disabled.

Start - Connect to - Right click the connection you use for internet - Properties - advanced - then untick the box.

Hope this helps

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    The wierd thing is that it's green.So i do not think it's bcuz of my firewall,i'm on windows 2000 so i don't have a built in firewall.I've forwarded ports and had even closed the firewalls,but still no difference in speed.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I have the same problem I have YET ABC but my light is always yellow even though I have no firewall but before the speeds were fine even though it was yellow...hmm...weird huh?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    It may have something to do with your upload speeds or the speed of the people you are uploading from.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    I do not think that's is the cause of the problem cuz I tried several other torrents with seeders out numbering leechers.