Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Democrats: Party Of The Rich

Chame1eon's Avatar Super Freak
    Originally posted by rollwave@1 July 2004 - 12:22
    The problem with liberals is that most have zero knowledge of history. Ever hear of the Civil War? Abraham Lincoln? Who was the president during the Civil War? Answer: A. Lincoln, the first Republican president. What was major cause of the Civil War? Ever hear of slavery? The Great Society? Civil Rights Act of 1965? Try going to the library and reading some history books instead of relying in Al Frankin, Michael Moore, and the Nation for information.
    if the repulicans have their way no one will, for lack of lack of funds.
    I only licked you for the salt

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by clocker+2 July 2004 - 00:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 2 July 2004 - 00:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@1 July 2004 - 18:13

Famous folks like Barbra Streisand, who back Kerry to the hilt, equate Bush to Hitler and Stalin, and twist the arms of the local gendarmes to keep the likes of you and I off a public beach near her home.

Barbra Streisand, who flouts zoning laws, and demands a "no-fly" zone over her estate.

Barbra Streisand, whose website advocates stringent environmental standards for you, but not her.*

Oh really, j2.

This particular debating trick is way beneath you.

You really want to pick a single person and use her to personify Democrats in general?
    Or even the much maligned "Hollywood liberals"?

Shall I spend a few minutes with our good buddy Google and find an equally despicable Bush supporter to personify Republicans?

We can stage our very own Celebrity Death Match. [/b][/quote]
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

j2 should be a politician.

How does pointing out a campaign contributor&#39;s eccentricities make a point?

Well....it doesn&#39;t.

The password is: Spin Doctor
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    One small detail that your leaving out Clocker is that conservative celebrities don’t attack Kerry. As apposed to all the liberal celebrities that attack Bush constantly. Howard Stern in another example of a liberal celebrity that is dedicated to removing Bush from office. He constantly hammers Bush on his radio show that isn’t even a political talk show. You don’t see anything like that from Conservatives.

Another example is the people of this board. The majority of the people here are liberal and do nothing but put down the President, and some even have the President doing or saying stupid things in their sig/avatar. J2, rollwave, and myself don’t like Kerry but you don’t see us doing things like that.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Isn&#39;t Rush L. a "conservative celebrity"?

Besides, do you attribute the relative silence of "conservative celebrities" ( a phenomonon that you have posited, not I, BTW) to good manners or a moral highground?

I have noticed that ALL of the Bush campaign ads do NOTHING EXCEPT attack Kerry.
    Nary a word about Bush&#39;s accomplishments, they are unremittingly negative ads.
    Perhaps your silent celebrities are content that the GOP is doing a better job of Kerry bashing than they could.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Yes Rush is a conservative celebrity, its also Rush’s job to talk about politics. Barbra Streisand, Steven Speilberg, Howard Stern aren’t political commentaries but they continue to attack everyday.

And you must have never seen a Kerry ad if you think the GOP is in attack mode. Kerry has nothing to run on and does nothing but attack the President. All he ever does is criticize the President for the things that he does wrong but he never talks about what he’s going to do. BTW incase you didn’t know John Kerry served in Vietnam.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Barbra Streisand, Steven Speilberg, Howard Stern aren’t political commentaries but they continue to attack everyday.
    As is their right and indeed, duty, as participants in the democratic process.
    And you must have never seen a Kerry ad if you think the GOP is in attack mode.
    Kerry was just in CO recently and as a result the ad campaign was in high gear.
    The ads they were showing here ( and it&#39;s possible that ads are regionally targeted) never even mentioned Bush or the GOP.
    BTW incase you didn’t know John Kerry served in Vietnam.
    ?
    What lead you to believe that I was unaware of that little factoid?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@2 July 2004 - 10:03
    . Kerry has nothing to run on and does nothing but attack the President.
    The personality attacks are a 2 way street so i won&#39;t debate them as you know i look at policy not personality and i find this character assasination tactic beneath contempt whoever the target.

you say Kerry has nothing to run on. Have you read his manifesto and compared it to Bush&#39;s point for point? If you could debate the merrits of each issue for us so we can assertain why you feel this way it would be appreciated....well i would appreciate it

What exactly are you looking for that is missing from the Kerry manifesto that Bush has in his?

The issues are the same for all candidates so could we have a reason why you feel the candidate lacks on their stance not just say they lack.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Wasnt Ronald Reagon a Celebrity?

Isnt Arnie?

A question for you....

If the people that know them, didnt support them for office....why should anyone else?

Anyway..Celebrities... how about Rachel Hunter, Pat Robertson, Gary Bauer... These people arent silent on attacking Democrats and supporting Bush.

Im sure your looking through tinted Glasses...

@ Hank

President doing or saying stupid things in their sig/avatar
    Glad you finally accept he does and says stupid things... even if you still have trouble believing the USA would vote a moron into office...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@2 July 2004 - 16:00
    Glad you finally accept he does and says stupid things... even if you still have trouble believing the USA would vote a moron into office...
    ....and we probably are again this November, whether it&#39;s the Dem or the Repub.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by clocker+1 July 2004 - 23:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker &#064; 1 July 2004 - 23:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@1 July 2004 - 18:13

Famous folks like Barbra Streisand, who back Kerry to the hilt, equate Bush to Hitler and Stalin, and twist the arms of the local gendarmes to keep the likes of you and I off a public beach near her home.

Barbra Streisand, who flouts zoning laws, and demands a "no-fly" zone over her estate.

Barbra Streisand, whose website advocates stringent environmental standards for you, but not her.*

Oh really, j2.

This particular debating trick is way beneath you.

You really want to pick a single person and use her to personify Democrats in general?
    Or even the much maligned "Hollywood liberals"?

Shall I spend a few minutes with our good buddy Google and find an equally despicable Bush supporter to personify Republicans?

We can stage our very own Celebrity Death Match.[/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s relevance is only that it&#39;s an interesting phenomenon; if, as you say (and I agree), she does not typify Democrats (very true&#33, it is beyond doubt that she typifies a liberal, and especially liberal power-players: actors and entertainers, liberal politicians, etc., who think throwing more of your money at problems they perceive is just fine.

Liberal politicians are notorious for promoting a non-productive public school system to the exclusion of any other; vouchers for private options are viewed askance, because they do not foment the "system".

They short-circuit all private options (because their election campaigns are under-written by the N.E.A.), stating that such institutions undercut the public system.

Then they send their own children to private schools.

This fact somehow escapes people.

Why do the Democrats allow someone like Barbra Streisand to define them?

Why do blacks continue to put up with that greasy, extortionist weasel Jesse Jackson?

Why are Bill Cosby&#39;s recent statements discounted as the rantings of an "out-of-touch old black man"?

Remember when we had the go &#39;round about Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon and their "Freedom-of-Speech" issues?

Odd that they had no problem using their right to criticize Bush, et.al., but felt their rights were being impinged when others exercised that same right in criticizing them.

I&#39;m still waiting for someone to explain the logic of their "contention".

Clocker, I&#39;m glad you phrased your post as you did; it reminds me to say something I should probably lead with:

I have nothing whatsoever against Democrats; it&#39;s just that I haven&#39;t even seen one for about 25 years, and all the true Democrats I have ever known have become Conservatives.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast