Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norton Internet Security 2004

Poster
    Right next to the weapons of mass destructions
    Hey i just want to know if i get Norton Internet Security 2004, will my p2p programs have trouble connecting or sharing? Thanks

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'> &quot;Its all fun and games till someone looses an eye......THEN its a sport&#33;&#33;&quot;
    - danyj</span></span></span>

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Out of The Ordinary
    It will be no problem.

BOT

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Poster
    But i think it comes with its own firewall.

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'> &quot;Its all fun and games till someone looses an eye......THEN its a sport&#33;&#33;&quot;

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    99shassan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I don&#39;t recommend Norton Products. It is your choice, but choose something like sygate or zonealarm. The new Zonealarm suite comes with its own antivirus. Norton takes up a lot of CPU
    Changed SPAN settings in sig a YEAR after it was removed

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Originally posted by danyj@1 July 2004 - 14:39
    Hey i just want to know if i get Norton Internet Security 2004, will my p2p programs have trouble connecting or sharing? Thanks
    No problems for me works just fine for me.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Poster
    Thanks. Hey Voeteek is your signature correct? (the one which shows my isp and ip address) Becuase it was wrong.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by danyj@1 July 2004 - 18:50
    Thanks. Hey Voeteek is your signature correct? (the one which shows my isp and ip address) Becuase it was wrong.
    No, that is not accurate information, it is a saved image.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    The new Zonealarm suite comes with its own antivirus. Norton takes up a lot of CPU
    Isn&#39;t there a problem with the latest version of zone Alarm (5.0). I&#39;ve seen alot of people posting about it interfering with P2P apps (though I don&#39;t know if this was sorted in a patch). I think most firewalls (including Norton) can be configured to allow P2P applications full access and most people use a firewall whilst filesharing.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Originally posted by NightStalker+2 July 2004 - 00:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NightStalker @ 2 July 2004 - 00:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-danyj@1 July 2004 - 18:50
    No, that is not accurate information, it is a saved image. [/b][/quote]
    My sig is nothing more than fluff and fluff i change it most days

I run Norton internet security 2004 and 2003 on my pcs no problems if that is a help to you

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    99shassan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    All I do is allow the program to run as a server. Or, I just add the ports that the program uses into the firewall. I have no problems with this firewall at al when it comes to filesharing. Maybe their firewalls were configured incorrectly.
    Changed SPAN settings in sig a YEAR after it was removed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast