Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Server?

Does it matter which server you connect to?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Depending on which server(s) you connect to you may get faster or slower downloads. Also, when you connect to a server, and search for a file (asuming you aren't using a link site) it takes longer to find a file that's not on the server. Also out-sourcing (downloading the file from multiple sources: standard) is also variable depending on the server (sources are all drawn from the server).
    Holding on, to let them know What's given to me. To hide behind The mask this time. And try to believe.

If I can Remember To know this will Conquer me. If I can Just walk alone And try to escape Into me

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    can you connect to more that one server?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    No, and you don't need to, the servers also connect to each other I believe, and you find most sources via source exchange anyway.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by Arathorn@30 June 2004 - 22:23
    No, and you don't need to, the servers also connect to each other I believe, and you find most sources via source exchange anyway.
    No?
    Holding on, to let them know What's given to me. To hide behind The mask this time. And try to believe.

If I can Remember To know this will Conquer me. If I can Just walk alone And try to escape Into me

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    another newbie in the mix, and another of the same old questions asked.

Do you need to connect to a certain server to download certain files:
    NO!

Just connect to any, and as long as serverlist is up to date and can connect with highID you dont need to worry about it.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    yes but say i connect to razorback2 can i only download files through razorback or can i download files from evetyone on ed2k?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@1 July 2004 - 00:09
    Do you need to connect to a certain server to download certain files:
    NO!

Just connect to any, and as long as serverlist is up to date and can connect with highID you dont need to worry about it.
    sigh...in one ear out the other.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by mayhs@30 June 2004 - 22:11
    can you connect to more that one server?
    guess i'll answer this indirectly.

Double click on the servers to connect and see.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    im sorry i just didnt understand what you were saying...

... and another question what option do you select under search?(Server, Global, ...)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast