Thread: Alcohol 120%

Thanx for replies in my previous thread (don't know where its gone though???)

I've managed to mount an image on virtual drive but I can't access the drive.

A message box appears telling me disk is not formatted, winsows cannot read from it, maybe corrupted etc.

Any ideas?? have tried removing virtual drive and creating a new one but same problem.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    what are you mounthing? The program might be right, the cd may corrupted maybe try re-downloading whatever it is.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Hmmm...just to be safe and to save a re-download, do this first.

Right click the virtual drive and select 'mount image'. Browse to the image in question and double-click it. It should mount. If it has an auto-run setup, it'll, well, auto-run If not, go to the virtual drive and right click and choose 'run'. If it won't run, then it's either in an unknown format (Alchohol uses damn near all of'em) or it is indeed corrupted. IF u already did all this, sorry and skip it.

As an extra measure, if your not familiar with the formats, put the extnesion in Google and see what pops up. If it's .rar or .tar, for example, you'll need WinRAR to unrar it first. GIve us the filename if this don't help. Maybe we can figure it out.

Later taters,
    BoNe

Liberal: Lib er al Someone who's mind is so open their brains fell out.
    Real cars don't make horsepower at the front wheels, they lift them.
    Lead, follow or get yer ass run over!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Thanx for that.

Got one of the disks to open up fine, still downloading disk 1 so will have to wait for that. Still got problems with the other one though. I can mount it OK and sure enough the icon for the drive shows as if a disk is in, yet when I try to open/run drive a message says please insert disc in drive F:

The file is Quark-Xpress-6-Multilang-Final(1).bin
    however it did have a .EXE on the end of .bin before I changed its name (.EXE was in caps too if that makes any difference?)

Also, just trying to make image of BF1942 to see if load times are improved but its taking ages, loads of bad sectors? is this normal?

Cheers

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Try to repair the image file using CdMage

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Your're welcome!

Got one of the disks to open up fine, still downloading disk 1 so will have to wait for that. Still got problems with the other one though. I can mount it OK and sure enough the icon for the drive shows as if a disk is in, yet when I try to open/run drive a message says please insert disc in drive F:
    If you don't have disc 1, thats the prob. The app wants the first disc. Sometimes they even ask for the last disc after you pop in the first. Not a prob. You can't install the game, app, whatever without all the discs anyway, so wait till you get them all.
    however it did have a .EXE on the end of .bin before I changed its name (.EXE was in caps too if that makes any difference?)
    Nah. The extension is just added to aid in file searches in KLIte. Should have added that, but I forgot. Sorry.
    Also, just trying to make image of BF1942 to see if load times are improved but its taking ages, loads of bad sectors? is this normal?
    Bad sectors on the cd? If it's the cd, check for scratches. You can get a cd repair kit at the local wal-mart or most places that sell lots of cds. TDK makes a good one. Definately bawa's advice if if the image is still acting up and
    Try to repair the image file using CdMage
    . Also, I think ISOBuster has a repair function. It's built into KLite Tools. Can't remember if this is correct, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Good luck,
    BoNe

Liberal: Lib er al Someone who's mind is so open their brains fell out.
    Real cars don't make horsepower at the front wheels, they lift them.
    Lead, follow or get yer ass run over!