Thread: Marlon Brando: 1924 - 2004

uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Wild One Brando dies
    From Marc Lavine in Los Angeles
    July 3, 2004

HOLLYWOOD legend Marlon Brando, hailed as one of the greatest actors of the 20th century in a career overshadowed by his eccentric behaviour and personal tragedy, has died at the age of 80.

The reclusive and brooding two-time Oscar winner and star of such classics as On the Waterfront, The Godfather and A Streetcar Named Desire died in a Los Angeles hospital.

"The actor Marlon Brando passed away yesterday, July 1, at 6.30pm (11.30am AEST Friday) at the UCLA (University of California at Los Angeles) Medical Centre of lung failure, according to his doctors," hospital spokeswoman Roxanne Moster said.

More @ News.com.au

RIP Marlon.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    RIP, he was such great Actor

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    The man could act; he also was featured many times when he obviously didn't give a shit for anything other than a payday, and it is from those occasions I count my favorite Marlon Brando performances.

Ever see The Freshman?

The movie was okay, but Brando was hilarious.

RIP
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    An actor's a guy who, if you ain't talking about him, ain't listening.
    Marlon Brando

I don't mind that I'm fat. You still get the same money.
    Marlon Brando

I don't think it's the nature of any man to be monogamous. Men are propelled by genetically ordained impulses over which they have no control to distribute their seed.
    Marlon Brando

I have eyes like those of a dead pig.
    Marlon Brando

If there's anything unsettling to the stomach, it's watching actors on television talk about their personal lives.
    Marlon Brando

Privacy is not something that I'm merely entitled to, it's an absolute prerequisite.
    Marlon Brando

The only reason I'm in Hollywood is that I don't have the moral courage to refuse the money.
    Marlon Brando

To grasp the full significance of life is the actor's duty, to interpret it is his problem, and to express it his dedication.
    Marlon Brando

To me, fair friend, you never can be old. For as you were when first your eye I eyed. Such seems your beauty still.
    Marlon Brando
    Source

RIP