Thread: Just Finished It For The Third Time...

Poster
    But Desperation is still King's best! Can't wait for the miniseries of that and then the movie of The Talisman
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Originally posted by Vamp@3 July 2004 - 20:26
    Can't wait for the miniseries of that and then the movie of The Talisman
    And as always, we'll all be disappointed...

The producers/directors should realise by now that King's works are supposed to be books, not movie or miniseries!

edit: first post lacked of clarity

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Originally posted by Gurahl+3 July 2004 - 17:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gurahl @ 3 July 2004 - 17:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vamp@3 July 2004 - 20:26
    Can&#39;t wait for the miniseries of that and then the movie of The Talisman
    And as always, we&#39;ll all be disappointed...

The producers/directors should realise by now that King&#39;s works are supposed to be books, not movie or miniseries&#33;

edit: first post lacked of clarity [/b][/quote]
    I think it depends on what you "experience" first.

I have read many of his books and the movies were all disappointments. The reason is that I had already created, in my minds eye, a profile of the characters, what they should look like, how they should act. Putting a physical reality to your dreamt ideal is always a let down.

On the other hand, I saw "The Shining" before reading the book and felt that the movie far outshined the book.

Who doesn&#39;t think that the "hedge maze" was far more effective than menacing animal shaped shrubs?
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I feel that 9 times out of 10 the book is always better than the film, the number of times I have watched a film after reading the book only to be dissapppointed.

A prime example of this is Hannibal. Its like a completely different story the bits they missed out and changed

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Chame1eon's Avatar Super Freak
    Originally posted by hobbes@3 July 2004 - 19:11

I have read many of his books and the movies were all disappointments. The reason is that I had already created, in my minds eye, a profile of the characters, what they should look like, how they should act. Putting a physical reality to your dreamt ideal is always a let down.

I agree that the flawless images you create in your imagination are never matched by what you see in movies, especially the low budgedt ones that tedn to come from stephen king&#39;s books, but i think what really contributes to making kings stories realistic and interesting is the self diolouge and reactions of the characters. it is hard to bring across kings stong intutive understanding of human nature in a movie

On the other hand, I saw "The Shining" before reading the book and felt that the movie far outshined the book.

Who doesn&#39;t think that the "hedge maze" was far more effective than menacing animal shaped shrubs?
    personally the hedge maze struck me as a cheap horror movie cliche. (think of the new dracula :x )
    as i remember the scene in the book (i readit about 6 years ago) first there was the impression that something may have moved, which gave it kind of a surreal feel and created kind of a sense of foreboding, then it kinda built up to immidiate danger. I was really dissapointed witht the movie version of this scene
    I only licked you for the salt

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by Vamp@3 July 2004 - 20:26
    But Desperation is still King&#39;s best&#33;
    Is it better than the Dark Tower?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    I stopped reading DT after The Wastelands, got bored with it, TDOTT is one of my favourite books though, but yes, Desperation is better.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production