Thread: System Tray Help

I have these icons in my tray that i really don't want to see anymore. Some of these include notifying me that my printer is off, or that "network bridges are unplugged" or something like that that I don't even understand. How do i fix up my tray to make it look all nice and pretty?

someone told me to go to start>run>msconfig>startup

so i did that

i noticed qttask (some quicktime thing) is listed like 2 or 3 times. It keeps rechecking itself. How do I fix that?

I also noticed that there are 2 items in the list that don't have names, but they are checked. My friend said they are spyware or viruses. Is this true? Ad-aware hasn't found anything and my virus scanner hasn't either.

Can you help me?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    screenshot can be a big help.
    right-click @ windows taskbar - properties - customize.
    Now you can hide/show/inactive.
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'><span style='font-familyptima'>&gt;&gt;FORUM&lt;&lt;</span></span></span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    The Past Items Icons are all messed up. The trillian icon is next to like Avant Browser. Haha

you want a screen shot of the startup list?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Give us a screenshot of your taskbar (system tray more importantly).

I currently have 4 things in my system tray: MSN Messenhger, Motherboard monitor, The speaker icon, NOD32.

MSN and MBM I have showing, and click the little arrow you can see teh hidden NOD32 and the speaker icon.

When i have programs open like Azereus or Kazaa Lite they will ahve a non-hidden icon.

I like to have my comp really organized.

3 desktop icons is too many for me.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I feel the same way as you. I want my tray very organized.

I went in a chose "Hide always" for a few icons, but thats not what i really want. I just want them gone. not hidden, just gone. when i click the arrow to show the hidden icons, I don&#39;t want to see them there.

I will make a screenshot when i have time.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by ninjamonkey@5 July 2004 - 13:38
    The Past Items Icons are all messed up. The trillian icon is next to like Avant Browser. Haha

you want a screen shot of the startup list?
    a few would be great...like ur system tray, ur msconfig, ur services
    even ur start menu&#39;s startup
    diagnosis will be easier then

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    ok, i can&#39;t get the whole lists in the pic becauser the window doe snot maximize. you just want the area with the 2 blank items? il include the tray showing hidden icons too.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    I use regcleaner

http://www.worldstart.com/weekly-download/...-cleaner4.3.htm

http://www.worldstart.com/weekly-download/.../regcleaner.exe

and delete items I don&#39;t want to be in startup under the startup tab. It&#39;s a great program to maintain your registry too.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    i use regscrubxp
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'><span style='font-familyptima'>&gt;&gt;FORUM&lt;&lt;</span></span></span>

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    bump