Thread: E-donkey - Movie Preview ?

I am new to E-Donkey....Can you preview movies whilst they are downloading..like you can do with Kazaa Lite..???

If not...what programs can you preview with...apart from Kazaa...??

Thanks...

MLOR

:helpsmile:

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Yes you can preview, but unlike KL++, ed2k and eMule allow you to designate which player you would like to preview the file. I would recommend VideoLAN.

If you don't already have it, just dl and istall (it is adware and spyware free). Then go to the options/preferences in ed2k and designate the player as your default player.
    My Best Quality MoviesMy Live Concerts — [url='http://rapidshare.de/files/22222332/My_Shares.xls.html[/url]

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I was having the same issue, wanting to preview more than just one .part file at a time, google lead me to eDwatch, you do have to have VLC Media player installed as well as AVI Preview, with a little configuration you can watch a good amount of the movie without having to open each .part file with VLC.

Good Luck!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    VLC is good for previewing. set download first and last chunks first in the settings of emule if you want to preview the file from the start.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by Captain Nemo@11 July 2004 - 13:44
    .....you do have to have VLC Media player installed as well as AVI Preview.....
    ???

You can only designate 1 default player in ed2k and eMule. AVI Preview was good back when it was being developed but that stopped about 6 months ago. While there is much that VLC is capable of which AVI Preview is not, there is nothing that AVI Preview can do that VLC cannot.

Personally, I'd just install VLC and not worry about AVI Preview. You're end up only using VLC if you have both installed. Just my opinion however.
    My Best Quality MoviesMy Live Concerts — [url='http://rapidshare.de/files/22222332/My_Shares.xls.html[/url]