Thread: G3 Torrent 0.998a Released

blank BT Rep: +1
    Description
    A feature rich and graphicaly empowered bittorrent client written in python.

download here

Features
    Queuing and downloading of multiple torrents. (Starting, stopping, pausing, queue up, queue down etc)
    Real-time list of peer addresses and their statistics. Reverse DNS toggle-able.
    Advanced Progress bar graphically illustrates which pieces of the file have been downloaded.
    A graph to display upload and download rates over time. Each torrent being downloaded has it's own graph record.
    Optional Web Interface for remote adminstration.
    Friends Priority System. Friends IP address can be set to get upload preference if they are downloading the same file.
    Temporary upload priority can be given to peers by right clicking them in the list.
    Peers can be banned by right clicking them in the list.
    With torrents that contain multiple files:
    The user can select the order they will download in.
    This is usefull in cases where you only really want 1 file in the torrent.
    Or need certain files to arrive before others.
    The client will not reject peers who want to upload but do not have pieces from the file that has the immediate download priority.
    Or they can be downloaded in a random order. (Rarest pieces first algorithm not withstanding)
    In most cases this is the best strategy. As it is benefits the overall health of the torrent by keeping a wide range of pieces available, and reduces reliance on seeders.
    (4/1/04). "Fast Resume" capability.
    When restarting or resuming, the client will automatically reconnect to all of those peers you were connected when you either exited the client or paused a torrent.
    Detailed message view for statistics and error reporting.
    System tray icon graphically displays upload download statistics.
    Peer list view can identify and display what client the peer is using. (Azureus, Shadow, and other clients that identify themselves uniquely)
    Can be set to use user customizable folders for storing torrent and incoming files.
    User customizable automatic stopping criteria. Torrents can be set to stop:
    Always automatically stop when download completes
    Only when there other files in queue
    Only After seeding for N period of time
    Only After uploading N% or a ratio of what you have downloaded
    Never automatically stop
    User customizable upload choker (the choker determines which peer you upload to):
    User customizable color settings to change look and feel.
    User customizable global upload rate.
    User customizable upload behavior (upload rate / number of uploads)
    User customizable listening ports, ip bindings
    Multi-Tracker support
    Utilizes the Bittorrent 3.4.1a code-base
    Written in Python. Utilizes wxWidgets.

G3 Torrent Change Log:

-0.998 - June 26, 04'
    * Fixed bugs in the right click -> add/remove columns code
    * Reworked peerlistdns.py (the system that resolves ips to hostname). The system
    works on an on demand basis now. For end users this just means a reduction
    in lookups. (ie. If you have the client minimized no lookups are done)
    * Fixed a bug in the options dialog under network options that caused the
    window to freeze.
    * I'm catching this exception now "Couldn't select a bitmap into wxMemoryDC"
    * Fixed bugs in maskededit (This is wx api code not my code). It was causing
    the options dialog to freeze when a user would Cut or Paste into the edit
    boxes
    * Fixed some problems related to filenames with foreign characters
    * Got rid of the 2 uploads min rule.
    * Now using Python 2.3.4

download here
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I have had a few goes with g3 but its alwasys freezes on me at some point

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Originally posted by danb@6 July 2004 - 19:24
    I have had a few goes with g3 but its alwasys freezes on me at some point
    no idea why. I have been using it since 3 builds back and love it. Never had any problems so far. Easy to use, looks good, fast (if one client really is better than another)

Oh thought. Some trackers dont like it, so u may need to use the client copying so they think ur something else...

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I thought it was faster too.

Just seems to freeze when I am seeding and i un-minimze it Its a shame cos I hate downloding with Azerus

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster
    i like it but only to make torrents. fastest one ive seen. the azureus one is so slow now at least for me

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    I've just switched to G3 from ABC, I like the ABC GUI better but for some reason ABC won't work with Torrentbits.org so it had to go....

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    abc is outdated right now it prolly wont be updated again for a while because of "life issues" as they keep saying.

i been using g3 since it came out most poeple cate it because of the so-called leech features but when it comes down to it its the best most have ever used and the leech features are mostly outdated

BTW if your on a tracker that requires ratios you may wanna try client spoofing for a connection instead of a rejection

i have had g3 "break" on me a few times but i just restart it and it seems to fix the issue
    I am Member No. : 193 <--- yes there was a time when that was a lot

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Originally posted by dragon_son@8 July 2004 - 11:52

i been using g3 since it came out most poeple cate it because of the so-called leech features but when it comes down to it its the best most have ever used and the leech features are mostly outdated

I dont get the leach prob. Is this when people are using the 3rd option of the choker? the one its says is mostly useless?

I use the one that copies bt and my ratio is constantly 1 or better

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster
    im a little confused why i dont get the standard colours for the torrents in g3 like yellow for firewalled or not connected to peers, i only know its ok when i get a decent speed
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>AMD 2600
    512 DDR RAM
    160GB HDD
    GeForce 5600 FX 256mb
    Sony DVD writer +/-
    Windows XP</span></span>
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Bit torrent client - ABC</span></span></span>