Thread: How To Make Desktop Backrounds?

Does anyone know how to make windows wallpaper using photoshop or some other graphic program. I want to make wallpapers like the ones on www.skins.be
    where its pretty much just a hi res pic of some hottie female and they just add a little sumthin, sumthin here and there, including resizing so its 1024x768.
    I know this is probably easy, but I need someone to shed some light on this. Maybe point me to a tutorial page of some sort...but strictly about making wallpapers.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    david622's Avatar Procrastinator
    Making a wallpaper's a lot easier than you think. Just make the image, save it as a .jpg, .gif, .dib, or .png.

Make sure you save the picture to a place where you'll be able to find it easily (like my documents or something).

Go to your desktop, right click, and click properties. Click the Desktop tab.

Click the browse button and choose your picture. It's THAT easy!!!

Now you'll have several choices. You can tile your picture like a tile kitchen floor, you can center your picture in the middle of the screen, or you can stretch it to fit the whole screen.

**Tip: To make the picture the right size, what you should do is go to your desktop, press the "Prt Scrn" button at the top of your keyboard. Then go to your picture-editing program and paste this file in. (with photoshop, you've gotta click file new, then paste).

Now you have a screenshot of your desktop. Now you can easily make the picture the right size to fit your screen!

Also, If you don't want to stretch your picture to fit your whole screen, you can choose the background color around the image by clicking the "color" dropdown menu.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by david622@6 July 2004 - 09:59
    Making a wallpaper's a lot easier than you think. Just make the image, save it as a .jpg, .gif, .dib, or .png.

Make sure you save the picture to a place where you'll be able to find it easily (like my documents or something).

Go to your desktop, right click, and click properties. Click the Desktop tab.

Click the browse button and choose your picture. It's THAT easy!!!

Now you'll have several choices. You can tile your picture like a tile kitchen floor, you can center your picture in the middle of the screen, or you can stretch it to fit the whole screen.

**Tip: To make the picture the right size, what you should do is go to your desktop, press the "Prt Scrn" button at the top of your keyboard. Then go to your picture-editing program and paste this file in. (with photoshop, you've gotta click file new, then paste).

Now you have a screenshot of your desktop. Now you can easily make the picture the right size to fit your screen!

Also, If you don't want to stretch your picture to fit your whole screen, you can choose the background color around the image by clicking the "color" dropdown menu.
    He didn't ask how to setup his wallpaper, he asked how to MAKE one. As in go into photochop, draw it\whatever, filters all that shit, then save it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    go into photoshop and make a new picture and make it the dimensions of yer desktop. (1024x768) or whatever. then get the pics u want to use and resize them, then paste them in. I will help you with more if you havent figured it out yet

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5