Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe It's Time

JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    To stop smoking

My morning cough is getting a bit scary, like spasms in my stomach and hacking up greeny grey stuff :helpsmile:
    And I ain't even gonna start on when I brush my teef Lets just say me drinking coffee is a waste of money

Gonna have a fag

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    Stop smoking.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Good Plan

This should be fun :helpsmile:

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    It's not fun, but you can do it.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I gave up smoking 4 months ago. I'd been smoking since early teens and conventional methods, patches/willpower/eating more, wasn't working.

I had two session at a hypnotist and completely stopped smoking the day after with no cravings at all. seriously. it cost £70 for the treatment and I made that back through not buying ciggies in just over a week
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by manker@6 July 2004 - 12:51
    I gave up smoking 4 months ago. I'd been smoking since early teens and conventional methods, patches/willpower/eating more, wasn't working.

I had two session at a hypnotist and completely stopped smoking the day after with no cravings at all. seriously. it cost £70 for the treatment and I made that back through not buying ciggies in just over a week
    You must have been a fairly heavy smoker as well.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    my dad used the nicotine (sp) patches, he now doesnt smoke at all

its best to stop while you can. my mum was in hospital last xmas due to smoking. pnumonea

8. Lounge   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+6 July 2004 - 12:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 6 July 2004 - 12:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-manker@6 July 2004 - 12:51
    I gave up smoking 4 months ago. I&#39;d been smoking since early teens and conventional methods, patches/willpower/eating more, wasn&#39;t working.

I had two session at a hypnotist and completely stopped smoking the day after with no cravings at all. seriously. it cost £70 for the treatment and I made that back through not buying ciggies in just over a week&nbsp;
    You must have been a fairly heavy smoker as well. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, 2 packs a day. The hypnotist made me realise that I&#39;d convinced myself that I couldnt concentrate in work without a cigarette in my hand.

As much as medics talk about nicotine dependency, from my experience it seems to be all in the mind.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    Originally posted by manker+6 July 2004 - 12:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker @ 6 July 2004 - 12:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@6 July 2004 - 12:04
    <!--QuoteBegin-manker
    @6 July 2004 - 12:51
    I gave up smoking 4 months ago. I&#39;d been smoking since early teens and conventional methods, patches/willpower/eating more, wasn&#39;t working.

I had two session at a hypnotist and completely stopped smoking the day after with no cravings at all. seriously. it cost £70 for the treatment and I made that back through not buying ciggies in just over a week&nbsp;

Yeah, 2 packs a day. The hypnotist made me realise that I&#39;d convinced myself that I couldnt concentrate in work without a cigarette in my hand.

As much as medics talk about nicotine dependency, from my experience it seems to be all in the mind. [/b][/quote]
    control over the body

and congratulations

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by manker+6 July 2004 - 13:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker @ 6 July 2004 - 13:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@6 July 2004 - 12:04
    <!--QuoteBegin-manker
    @6 July 2004 - 12:51

As much as medics talk about nicotine dependency, from my experience it seems to be all in the mind. [/b][/quote]
    Well done, I&#39;m glad it went well and I really hope that you stick with it.

I smoked for about 20 years (roll-ups most of the time), then stopped about 6 years ago. I used the nicotine gum to help out, started with the strong for a week, then worked my way down the strength.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast