Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kerry Edwards

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I did say "Correct me if im wrong" and stated thats the same as your current President.

How has that turned the thread to "Bush Bashing"

By the very nature of what i said, it could be construed as "Bashing" both, with a slight advantage to the guy in office in Washington... I never intended to "Bash" either.

I do believe your becoming sligtly paranoid Hank...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Well fer crissake Hank, what did you expect?

You post a quote dismissing Edward's experience as insufficient and expect the obvious comparison to be ignored?

If you are going lob in softballs like that someone's gonna take a swing.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    You are right Clocker I did post a quote dismissing Edwards’s experience the quote was from John Kerry. It had nothing to do with the Republican party or the President but you couldn’t pass up the opportunity to take a cheap shot. I’m pointing out what Kerry thought of Edwards, he had other choice words about him but whose paying attention anyway?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Reagan made disparaging remarks about George Bush when they ran against each other.

Next thing ya know Bush is his Vice President.

Btw I liked John Edwards as the Presidential candidate more than Kerry.

I think it's fitting that, at this point, he be Vice.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@7 July 2004 - 15:24
    I’m pointing out what Kerry thought of Edwards, he had other choice words about him but whose paying attention anyway?
    Aparrently you are.

Tow the party line my man, tow the party line.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Sure Busyman god forbid someone put a point of view out there different from yours. But its fine and dandy for everyone to attack the President on all sides but when I post a negative story about a democrat I’m towing the line.

You are always saying that you love to be critical of all politicians but all you ever say about Kerry is you don’t like him. I would love to see you put your money where your mouth is and talk about some of things that Kerry has done.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Busyman@6 July 2004 - 22:21
    I knew it would be Edwards as well.

Btw the Dow is down because interest rates just went up .25.

...not because of anticipation of a Dem win.

Some of you guys are really reaching and conveniently left out the rate hike thingy.
    The interest rate went up a couple of days back, B, so I don't think we lose any points for failing to point this out.

Kerry's announcement precipitated a bit of a drop because Edwards is received (rightfully so ) as making the Dem ticket more viable, and thus threatening to the market.

I'll also issue a wee, tiny mea culpa for stating Edwards' "status" is bad for, or anti-business; I should have couched this as a perception instead.

Hank-

We should refrain from re-visiting Kerry's commentaries about Edwards during the run-up because they were only made in the spirit of "competition" (Kerry does, of course, prefer to be the candidate), and since anything said was only in a political vein, Kerry (and Edwards likewise) should be given a pass on what has gone before.

The only interesting thing about Edwards' being designated veep candidate is it amounts to official recognition of his smile being an effective counter to Kerry's dour mug in the media; it signifies his political "coming of age" and also, it can be safely assumed, his actual status as Hillary's main competition within the party, as he's prettier than her or Bill.

As re: the question of experience, it is honestly a question of pedigree:

Bush surrounded himself with experienced hands (like them or not) such as Cheney, Powell, Rumsfeld and Rice, in addition to having his father's "modicum" of knowledge behind him.

Y'know-I just realized two of the aforementioned people were black, and, by virtue of their positions are (along with Clarence Thomas) several of the most powerful people in the whole, wide world.

I wonder, on the extreme outside chance of a Kerry/Edwards victory, who they would put in such positions?

Maybe (in light of Kerry's efforts to get John McCain on the ticket) Kerry would keep them, huh?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Originally posted by Busyman@7 July 2004 - 15:13
    Tow the party line my man, tow the party line.
    http://www.grammartips.homestead.com/toetheline.html
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    BTW-

Somebody posted a great joke in "Funny Stuff".

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Kerry could worse than keep Powell that is for sure.

I like Powell's clarity of thought - although as a British Civil Servant, I do genuinely admire Rumsfeld ability to obfusticate.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast