Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Safe Mode

i have winme and everytime i resatrt it goes to safe mode and i need to restart it agian for it to work correctly

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Winme does that sometimes.

May i suggest formatting and installing either windows 2000pro, windows 98se, or windows XP corp?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    formating is not a possiblity

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by johnq86@6 July 2004 - 00:51
    formating is not a possiblity
    A possibility i thought of is that the computer isn't shutting down properly...how do u shut it down? hold the button? unplug? or do u do it right(start>shutdown)? (in which case it could be a driver conflict or something which we will try to diagnose later).

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    im using me too and it's always fu***ng jamming up, etc. and my comp is a piece of s**t ,but Im not buying a new one till it blows up......these usually get it going again

tune up utilities 2004 free trial
    http://www.tune-up.com/

system mechanic.....free trial...........when the trials expire ....suprnova
    http://iolo.com/

and lastly the free!!!!!!
    hoverdesk regseeker
    google for the link regards Alex

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    I can't believe how much trouble people in here have with WinME, when I still have four happy customers using it without hassle.

@ johnq86:
    How does it get into Safe Mode, does it almost get into Windows and then restart and bring up the boot option screen?

Anyways, you can either use System Restore from a command prompt (GO HERE) or run the Windows installation again to install Windows over itself (you won't lose application/games installations and your files will be safe but it's always best to back-up just in case&#33.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Chewie UK@6 July 2004 - 10:54
    Anyways, you can either use System Restore from a command prompt (GO HERE) or run the Windows installation again to install Windows over itself (you won't lose application/games installations and your files will be safe but it's always best to back-up just in case&#33.
    Forgot WinME had system restore.
    Never worked for me anyway, not in XP either, have always disabled it.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by Chewie UK@6 July 2004 - 15:54
    I can't believe how much trouble people in here have with WinME, when I still have four happy customers using it without hassle.
    out of how many ME customers in total?

I'm joking ^ but I had winME for about a year a while back, I had many, many problems with it but I only realised the extent of it's hideousness when I downloaded and installed XP pro from suprnova, before that I thought all PCs had to be rebooted after around 2 hours of use
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Chewie UK@6 July 2004 - 08:54

Do they exhibit brainwave activity at all?
    How can you tell they are happy?

Every ME user I know of has been thrilled to death to get rid of it.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by manker@6 July 2004 - 12:51
    I'm joking ^ but I had winME for about a year a while back, I had many, many problems with it but I only realised the extent of it's hideousness when I downloaded and installed XP pro from suprnova, before that I thought all PCs had to be rebooted after around 2 hours of use
    Ever use Windows 98se? It never froze on me...well, not that often. Occasional BSOD, but it was the kind you could esc out of.

In ME: constant freezing every 5 minutes after installing my network card...for cable internet. i think it was a bad driver, but still had to forat and install ME over and over to figure it out then went to 98se. Then XP. Haven't looked back since. This was all on my old computer. New one hasn't even got a glimpse of my ME cd, it would cry if it did. :'(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast