Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K++

Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    I dunno, maybe some folks just trying to be a bit too "helpfull" sometimes.

It takes just a little to be misunderstood.

I dont think the Sharman Network is going to die anytime soon and since
    there is still some sort of developing going on about the Lite versions,
    ++ or 2.6 etc... and, there's still lotsa ppl using the network,
    I still consider it as a p2p app/network.

I wouldnt run around screaming Its Dead etc. thats not how it is, its still very much alive as i see it.
    There is diffrenet opinions about if it is any Good or Usefull network tho.
    I have to admit i dont use Sharman network as i found some other apps to suit my needs a bit better.
    But was i t last week as i needed few mp3's really fast, and used KLite 2.4.3++,
    it still worked for just like before.
    I dont know how it works really if i'd use it to get Movies or more stuff.
    But for me it still has some use for sure.

I may even give the 2.6 (that Lite or whats-it-calle) a go, when they get it done.

I think ppl should get to know other 2p2 apps also,
    as some apps tends to give "better results" than the other.

Swearing by the name of one is kinda weak.
    (no pun intented)

Spoiler: Show

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    nicely said dude, kazaa is not gonna die anytime soon thats for sure....and people, stop gooing too mad about it, everybody has their own opinions about p2p networks

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    One of the reasons I still use K-Lite as my main app is because it still has the highest amount of users (according to these figures).

I see emule/edonkey is catching up, but I think the main problem for many people is that the queues can be quite long, which will be a problem for people on dial up connections (and remember, most of the internet users in the world as a whole still use dial up connections - it all depends what's available in each country). Imagine being kicked off every 2 hours when the connection expires, and then you have to dial up again, and you will have to join the back of the queue again, and you'd probably be lucky to ever get the file. I'm not sure, I don't have dialup, although I used to - I never tried to use emule on it.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@8 July 2004 - 04:32
    I love K-Lite!! That's why I'm in here! Why do people enter this section of the forum if they don't like the program?
    I still enter this section of the forum because I still can offer help to those who still use Kazaa Lite K++.

Just because I don't use it don't mean I have to stay away from this section of the board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12