Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What Is Wrong With This Paragraph?

Poster
    Originally posted by Biggles+7 July 2004 - 23:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Biggles @ 7 July 2004 - 23:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MicroScreen2@7 July 2004 - 11:02
    HI my name is Sara. I have one little brother named Joey, he is really annoying&#33; <s>and</s> I am not a model but I am to my daddy. I am not asian, I am fully canadian and I have blackish brown hair. I have brown eyes. My msn is not working right now so please don&#39;t ask for it yet, I will tell you when its up.
    i know i&#39;ve missed something
    The final sentence - it should say "when it&#39;s up".

The grammar and punctuation are awful - so nothing unusual there.

Is it the assertion that one cannot be Asian and fully Canadian? [/b][/quote]
    Surely to be Asian one would have to be born in Asia.

I am European, because I was born in Europe.

Someone born in Canadia would not be Asian. I am not terribly good on the geography thing, but I am fairly clear on that.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Well you guys figured it out.

1. " I am not a model but I am to my daddy."
    Some incest action going on here?

2. "I am not asian, I am fully canadian and I have blackish brown hair. I have brown eyes."

a. she looks like she is fully asian
    b. description says she is asian
    c. even if you were born in canada you still be asian because your parents are, you just called a canadian born asian.
    d. if your talking about how your not asian, then you are asian, if you weren&#39;t asian you wouldn&#39;t be talking about it in the first place

Here is the pic of this girl
    The picture looks like a 25 year old women though

You might be thinking, what is this site? This is a site where teenage girls can post profiles of themselves promoting their sluttiness.
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Hi my name is Sara. I have one little brother named Joey he is really annoying&#33; and (take &#39;and&#39; out)I am not a model but I am to my daddy. I am not asian, I am fully Canadian and I have blackish brown hair and I have brown eyes. My msn is not working right now so please don&#39;t ask for it yet. I will tell you when its up.

I think that&#39;s correct

It sounds like she&#39;s just uneducated. She states that she&#39;s from Canada though, maybe English is a second language.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by Keikan@8 July 2004 - 00:38
    a. she looks like she is fully asian
    b. description says she is asian
    c. even if you were born in canada you still be asian because your parents are, you just called a canadian born asian.
    d. if your talking about how your not asian, then you are asian, if you weren&#39;t asian you wouldn&#39;t be talking about it in the first place
    Are you aware that you are a racist piece of shit ?

I just thought I should ask, because there is a slight possibility that you were not aware.

Trust me, you are.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    hey i&#39;m exactly like that girl born in canada, and asian parents only i think i&#39;m still asian

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Originally posted by Keikan@7 July 2004 - 23:54
    hey i&#39;m exactly like that girl
    You wish

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    what does that have to do with anything?

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Poster
    Originally posted by Keikan@8 July 2004 - 00:54
    hey i&#39;m exactly like that girl born in canada, and asian parents only i think i&#39;m still asian
    She is Canadian and considers herself Canadian because she was born in Canadia.

What makes you think that your parent being Asian makes you Asian, or precludes you from being a racist piece of shit.

Can I make this any clearer, your post clearly indicated that you were a racist, whatever your own background. You are scum and I have no time for you.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    J&#39;Pol

I think nationality and racial identity are separate issues.

I think you are right in that there is a racist undertone in the piece - but it is not Keikan that is the source. The girl in question appears to be pandering to some sort of expected stereotype. I haven&#39;t bothered checking the link but it sounds awful.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Poster
    Originally posted by Biggles@8 July 2004 - 01:02
    J&#39;Pol

I think nationality and racial identity are separate issues.

I think you are right in that there is a racist undertone in the piece - but it is not Keikan that is the source. The girl in question appears to be pandering to some sort of expected stereotype. I haven&#39;t bothered checking the link but it sounds awful.
    I care not one jot.

His explanation of how the paragraph was wrong is intrinsically racist. No matter his own background.

I find it intolerable and will say so.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast