Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Artifacts Problem

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i'm using omega 2.5.51 (newest) drivers. and i'm just doing stuff, and i get artifacts all over the screen! when i go to play a game, i can hardly see anything. it's all covered with artifacts. i return to original clock settings, and tried reinstalling the driver. after that didn't work, i'm using ati's driver. still get artifacts. wtf? need help! now! can't play any games! i'm getting artifacts as i type this right now! :helpsmile:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I got that with my old card sometimes cause of over heating...

maybe the fan stopped spinning? better check it...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    my gpu is doing 32 C
    it goes up to 40C with no probs.
    just checked, the fan is working fine.
    this is really annoying. every time i run something, it gets all crazy.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    heres some examples of the artefacting:
    Image Resized
    [img]http://img21.photobucket.com/albums/v62/ihaveabu/artefacts2.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    thats the starting thing for tony hawk pro skater 4
    and
    this is just browsing the forum:
    Image Resized
    [img]http://img21.photobucket.com/albums/v62/ihaveabu/artefacts.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    notice the pop up at the lower right corner from protowall.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    do u guys thinks reformatting will help this at all? if it will, i'll do it

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I meant video card overheating.

No formatting probably won't fix it. Don't see how it would, but i guess anything is possible....

Try going into the bios and see if u can get it to artifact there....although i don't see it happening.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@7 July 2004 - 18:20

No formatting probably won't fix it. Don't see how it would, but i guess anything is possible....

Try going into the bios and see if u can get it to artifact there....although i don't see it happening.
    weird thing is when my comp starts, and POSTs, theres no artifacts. i think it has soemthing to do with the tv out that i use. even the post displayed on my tv when i have tv out connected works fine, but then windows starts, and it gets all fucky. post is fine. and bios is fine too. wtf

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+7 July 2004 - 18:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 7 July 2004 - 18:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@7 July 2004 - 18:20

No formatting probably won&#39;t fix it. Don&#39;t see how it would, but i guess anything is possible....

Try going into the bios and see if u can get it to artifact there....although i don&#39;t see it happening.
    weird thing is when my comp starts, and POSTs, theres no artifacts. i think it has soemthing to do with the tv out that i use. even the post displayed on my tv when i have tv out connected works fine, but then windows starts, and it gets all fucky. post is fine. and bios is fine too. wtf [/b][/quote]
    well, when in windows the resolution and color depth are a lot higher, so the card is doing more work, probably why it isn&#39;t artifacting in the bios and post and startup...

make sure your vid card heatink fan is spinning and also feel teh heatsink see how hot it is.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    got a temp sensor stuck in the gpu heatsink now, and its reading 34C

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@7 July 2004 - 22:47
    notice the pop up at the lower right corner from protowall.
    OK, noted.

Erm... what did it say, any idea?

BTW I doubt that you&#39;d get artefacting in BIOS or DOS until you&#39;ve really fucked your card.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast