Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kids !

Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    is it just me or have kids become more irritating nowadays ??

all they seem to do is grow up too quick and get rude faster and not many have decent manners.

i may only be 16 but i already see a difference. i know that at the age of 6 i wouldn't go about running and shouting and screaming at my parents or others, because i knew i would get punished, but there are so many irritating kids that do those things all the time and its like their parents think this is appropriate behavious for a child !!!!!

the other day i went to the park and while i was there there was this one girl who was wearing a boob tube and a mini-skirt , and these are kids aged 7-10. now this may just be me but i dont think kids of that age should wear those sort of things ! then again im sure some parents think its alrite ....

anyhoo discuss

*im on a roll tonight*
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by gemby!@7 July 2004 - 16:10

the other day i went to the park and while i was there there was this one girl who was wearing a boob tube and a mini-skirt , and these are kids aged 7-10. now this may just be me but i dont think kids of that age should wear those sort of things ! then again im sure some parents think its alrite ....

do you live near geordieland ?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Not sure about this one, there have always been kids that made one think the Victorians didn't have it all wrong. In fact, why do you think the Victorians were the way they were.

Mine are 16 and 14 and can alternate between being ghastly teens on one hand and me being sickeningly proud of them on the other (although not at the same time).

My neighbour has young grandchildren and they always seem rather sweet. I think the relative mix of ghastly and nice kids is pretty much a constant. One tends to forget how ghastly we were when we were young even if the penalties were somewhat more draconian.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    No offence intended, Gemby, but I bet that at times you were a total twat, it's just that you don't remember. And in the same light, you don't remember what other kids were like either.

Why? Because it wasn't important to you at the time so your brain didn't store those snippets of information.

What seems to have gone seriously wrong is that we are not drowning enough babies. Yes, this used to happen just like with puppies and kittens. Why do you think the world population is growing at such an alarming rate?

I blame the EU Common Agricultural Policy. Far too much cheap beef, poultry, etc. Where's the incentive for a bit of good old-fashioned cannibalism?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    A modest proposal, without a doubt.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    i blame pop music.

what do you expect when kids are bombarded with stuff like this?

<span style='color:black'>websites that are actually good</span>
    http://www.sputnik7.com - music videos &amp; short films &amp; anime
    http://www.atomfilms.com - more short films
    http://www.howstuffworks.com - learning can be fun
    http://www.caedes.net - probably the best wallpapers on the net

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Poster

I&#39;m not sure if kids are growing up faster or just differently.

I remember as a kid wanting to wear whatever was in fashion (shuddering at the fashion of the 80&#39;s now tho), the same as my mother did and now my daughters want to, the fashion has changed a fair bit between the 3 generations, so what my girls want to wear is definitely not what I wanted to wear at their age.

I can relate to Biggles post.... some days I am immensly proud and other days totally embarrassed or mortified.... and I&#39;m pretty sure my mother felt the same way about me... but if you ask me about my teenage years I was pretty damned perfect in my opinion
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Courier'>The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement.....</span>
    <span style='color:red'><u>Don't Go Here.........</u></span></span>

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by lynx@8 July 2004 - 02:12
    No offence intended, Gemby, but I bet that at times you were a total twat, it&#39;s just that you don&#39;t remember. And in the same light, you don&#39;t remember what other kids were like either.

Why? Because it wasn&#39;t important to you at the time so your brain didn&#39;t store those snippets of information.

What seems to have gone seriously wrong is that we are not drowning enough babies. Yes, this used to happen just like with puppies and kittens. Why do you think the world population is growing at such an alarming rate?

I blame the EU Common Agricultural Policy. Far too much cheap beef, poultry, etc. Where&#39;s the incentive for a bit of good old-fashioned cannibalism?
    i may have on occasions been a &#39;total twat&#39; but not in the ways kids are today.

and yes i may not remember everything but it wasn&#39;t that long ago and i do remember a fair bit, and lets say i went out to eat somewhere with my mum in a restaurant - i didnt go run about the place shouting, cos my parents wouldnt let me &#33;&#33;&#33;

thats all im trying to say - maybe i was the weird kid who actually behaved really well
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    Originally posted by vidcc+7 July 2004 - 22:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vidcc @ 7 July 2004 - 22:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gemby&#33;@7 July 2004 - 16:10

the other day i went to the park and while i was there there was this one girl who was wearing a boob tube and a mini-skirt , and these are kids aged 7-10. now this may just be me but i dont think kids of that age should wear those sort of things &#33; then again im sure some parents think its alrite ....

do you live near geordieland ? [/b][/quote]
    wtf is that supposed to mean?
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast