Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Does My Dreamcast Come Out In Black And White?

Poster
    bought a Dreamcast plus 60 games and 4 controllers + Lightgun from a friend last year for around $35

Now, I havn't played it in ages because it's in another room of my house, with a 80inch Flatron TV, but the graphics just don't look good on it, too blocky, plus my family is usually in there most of the time so I wouldn't get a chance to play.

I have a TV in my room, an oldish Phillips with only an RF port, I have a Toshiba VCR with RCA In, OUT and RF In and OUT... Now it's more convenient to play in my room because my Xbox and PS2 are there, the only problem is that the picture comes in Black And White when connected through my VCR RF, RCA or my TV'S RF... On that huge ass TV, it works fine through the RCA, I'm guessing because the TV is Multi-System and the Dreamcast is NTSc... Is there anything I can do to get this DC to work on my TV in color/
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

2. Games   -   #2

3. Games   -   #3
    BANNED
    m8,if you connect with a scart cable!,it should be ,ok!!

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    Dont have Scart compliant TVs here in South Africa
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

5. Games   -   #5
    BANNED
    you could try loop through the vcr...

dreamcast---scart---->vcr------>tv...

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    Shit Dreamcast + 60 Games + 4 Controllers for $35. I know they're old now but what a deal you got there .
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.

7. Games   -   #7
    Originally posted by AcID ZeR0@8 July 2004 - 07:03
    Shit Dreamcast + 60 Games + 4 Controllers for $35. I know they're old now but what a deal you got there .
    Dreamcast kicked ass when it came out.

Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

8. Games   -   #8
    They must be 60 copied games, or you got an extremely good deal but hey that still is a kick ass deal even if they were copied.

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    34 Originals
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster
    ]Thought maybe some pics would help.

Method One:

I connect the RCA out of my Dreamcast to the Video-In/Audio-In of my VCR.
    Picture 1

then I connect an RF cable from my VCR RF out to my TV's RF In (Picture 2) (my TV doesn't have RCA ports)

Pic #2

I then goto my VCR Input Select and it comes out with this

Pic #3

I can also do this.

Connect DC to TV RF, the same thing happens but the picture is worse quality.

Or, Connect DC RF-Out to VCR RF-In, then connect VCR-RF out to TV RF in. Same thing happens. Is there anything I can do without having to go out and spend cash on RF modulators to get this working, or is it simply a case of an NTSC machine not being compatible with a PAL TV? The DC works fine on my LG flatron, but that's because it has RCA ports and is a multi-system TV.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast