Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Consider To Be "under-age"?

BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Originally posted by Rat Faced+8 July 2004 - 17:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced @ 8 July 2004 - 17:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gemby&#33;@8 July 2004 - 20:46
    does anyone think that the age that someone&nbsp; can have sex (16) should be raised or lowered ?

or doesn&#39;t it matter as people will have sex when they want to ?
    When a girl decides shes gonna.... shes gonna.

It dont matter what the age of consent is, if she decides she wants to.

There is an age at which society must decide that it is wrong for an Adult Guy to take advantage of her immaturity and raging hormones. (and vise versa)

I think that age is dependant as much upon the system of education, parental control and culture as anything.

In the UK the decision was taken at some point to "Break children in" so to speak, to adulthood, rather than one day a "Child" and the next an "Adult"... so there are 2 years to adjust to some "rights" before the rest take affect.

As you can legally Marry at 16 in the UK, it makes sense that one of the "rights" that you receive at that age is legal sex. As you can get a flat and move out of your parents, they would have little control anyway...

Other countries its different; on your 18th Birthday everything changes (as an example).

As they are gonna anyway...you might as well leave it at what it is... [/b][/quote]
    RF I have just discovered a mysterious phenomenon: when reading/replying to topics out of WN&E we tend to agree on things. This is strange and uncharted territory

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    It&#39;s one of the reasons for The Talk Club&#39;s existence; fence-mending.

I always thought that was a strange notion-we rebuild/strengthen relationships by mending fences.

Odd.

"Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Originally posted by j2k4@9 July 2004 - 00:48

I always thought that was a strange notion-we rebuild/strengthen relationships by mending fences.

Odd.

that made me laugh, it needed no sexual inuendo or vulgarities and its the best laugh i had all day
    <span style='color:black'>websites that are actually good</span>
    http://www.sputnik7.com - music videos &amp; short films &amp; anime
    http://www.atomfilms.com - more short films
    http://www.howstuffworks.com - learning can be fun
    http://www.caedes.net - probably the best wallpapers on the net

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Originally posted by MicroScreen2+8 July 2004 - 19:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MicroScreen2 @ 8 July 2004 - 19:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@9 July 2004 - 00:48

Odd.

that made me laugh, it needed no sexual inuendo or vulgarities and its the best laugh i had all day [/b][/quote]
    Then it was worth the effort.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    You can&#39;t always tell the age of someone when by a simple glance. By the time I was twelve I had a b cup and was 5&#39;6. I was constantly mistook for a 16 year old. By the time I was 14 I had a 32 year old hitting on me thinking I was at least 18. So apparently people can&#39;t be held responsible at all times for a glance at someone who is underage.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Prodigy Girl's Avatar The Wrong Child
    Originally posted by Busyman@8 July 2004 - 11:55
    I live in the US and anything under 18 is a no-no.

I have looked at a female walking down the street and usually when I see the facial expressions or their walk, I know they are underage.
    It&#39;s possible to tell how old a person is by their face and the way they walk? Hmm, I gotta try that one... Sometimes I can make a decent guess if a person is underaged by their conversations and the way that they dress.

I tend to view an underaged person as someone who cannot take care of themselves, but I think that deals moreso with maturity than anything. So I&#39;ll generalize by saying anyone below the age of 21 is under-aged.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Originally posted by Anabelle@9 July 2004 - 04:29
    You can&#39;t always tell the age of someone when by a simple glance. By the time I was twelve I had a b cup and was 5&#39;6. I was constantly mistook for a 16 year old. By the time I was 14 I had a 32 year old hitting on me thinking I was at least 18. So apparently people can&#39;t be held responsible at all times for a glance at someone who is underage.
    Whats up baby B)

What Do i Consider To Be under-age?
    12and below.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Well, I think in the age of the interweb and moral decay in general that a healthy degree of paranoia is just that: healthy.

Problems, though, have surely arisen from that special brand of knee-jerk reaction that results in legislation, the net effect of which is usually along the lines of the following:

I coached baseball for years; got my start coaching girl&#39;s softball because my 8-year-old daughter was good enough to start at third-base on a team of 12-year-olds who made it to an interstate sectional tourney, one round away from the softball "World Series".

14 years ago we moved to a small community supposedly incapable of supporting a girls program alongside that of the boys, so my daughter played on my son&#39;s team (which I coached).

She didn&#39;t really appreciate (although the two of them were easily the best players in the entire league) that there wasn&#39;t a league for girls (there wasn&#39;t a shortage of girls who could/would play); turns out a woman who had moved to the area from another community had a daughter who had been molested (by a neighbor-nothing to do with coaches or sports), and had managed, via the inappropriate application of the aforementioned paranoia, to have the existing girls program disbanded, never to return.

Kinda dumb.

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Originally posted by {%shellshock%}+9 July 2004 - 05:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ({%shellshock%} @ 9 July 2004 - 05:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Anabelle@9 July 2004 - 04:29
    Whats up baby B)

12and below. [/b][/quote]
    No, but I do consider fifteen to be underage...which I am....

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Originally posted by Anabelle+10 July 2004 - 05:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Anabelle @ 10 July 2004 - 05:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by {%shellshock%}@9 July 2004 - 05:39
    <!--QuoteBegin-Anabelle
    @9 July 2004 - 04:29

Whats up baby B)

12and below.
    No, but I do consider fifteen to be underage...which I am.... [/b][/quote]
    <span style='color:black'>websites that are actually good</span>
    http://www.sputnik7.com - music videos &amp; short films &amp; anime
    http://www.atomfilms.com - more short films
    http://www.howstuffworks.com - learning can be fun
    http://www.caedes.net - probably the best wallpapers on the net

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast