Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't Watch Copy Protected Movies On My Tv.

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I have my computer hooked up to my vcr with a svideo to rca adaptor. The vcr then hooks up to my tv.

When i just use the tv for regular videos and stuff it works fine, but if i play a dvd it all of a suddent starts going brighter, darker, color is messed up, sometimes balck and white.

I think this is the copy protection kicking in...since im using a computer, there must be a way to disable that from happening right?

btw, the movie im trying to watch is back to the future 2...incase it matters.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    When playing with media player it does that, media player classic works better (not perfect) but when i set it to be on the tv it uses 100%cpu, mouse moves funny, and the video has a really crappy FPS.

I know this worked before i formatted today, any idea what could cause this?

Only ocdecs i ahve installed, and that i installed on my last installation, was the klite codec pack...same options selected both times.

Maybe it is the mpeg2 codec im using? anyone know a good one i should try?

edit: oh ya im using latest video driver (same one as before the format).

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    It's the copyright protection, wouldn't be any problem if it wasn't running through your VCR. DVD+VCR=Error. I sometimes have problems with that too, because I have my PS2 running through my VCR, and when I watch a DVD on it, it sometimes goes bright...then dark...then bright.....then dark, etc...

Only thing I can think of, hook the Svideo directly to a TV that has a Svideo plug-in on the back. Or, get the right cables to run from the adapter directly to your TV.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by [-Crono-]@8 July 2004 - 01:14
    It's the copyright protection, wouldn't be any problem if it wasn't running through your VCR. DVD+VCR=Error. I sometimes have problems with that too, because I have my PS2 running through my VCR, and when I watch a DVD on it, it sometimes goes bright...then dark...then bright.....then dark, etc...

Only thing I can think of, hook the Svideo directly to a TV that has a Svideo plug-in on the back. Or, get the right cables to run from the adapter directly to your TV.
    Ha you just reminded me what to do, although i know there is a way around this, i will do it temporarily for tongiht till i get a better idea\answer.

btw, what im doing is hooking it up through an rf modulator (rca-to-coaxial (cable))...lol so many adaptors here, oh well, that's price u gotta pay for having an old tv like mine lol.

any software suggestions are welcome.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Oh yeah, forgot about those RF Mods, used to use them all the time back in the day for my old systems. But, I don't know if any software will help ya out here. Best of luck.

*w0ot ~ 800th post*

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by [-Crono-]@8 July 2004 - 01:22
    Oh yeah, forgot about those RF Mods, used to use them all the time back in the day for my old systems. But, I don't know if any software will help ya out here. Best of luck.

*w0ot ~ 800th post*
    Nice job, ur just that much closer to the 5000posts u need for a 5th star.

i know some sorta software will help me here, becuase it worked before the format, it should work now...

oh and i tried the rf modulator, all i got was a black screen...wierd, i think it may be broken or something...lol.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by [-Crono-]@7 July 2004 - 22:22

*w0ot ~ 800th post*
    800 posts good on you , you post whore . Gee most of them were probably helping some poor smuck too ,congrats Crono

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Thank you, thank you, thank you. Took me over a year to get 800 post Oh well, I guess it's not the number of posts that count, it's the post it's self that matters Or...atleast that'll be my excuse...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Try lowering the screen resolution on your PC and/or the refresh rate on the graphics card and see if it makes any difference.

I remember having the same prob with one of my other PC's but forget how i fixed it exactly.

EDIT: Its not how many posts you've made but the quality of the posts. The number of people i've helped since joining (brought 6 years of experienece to this forum) i should get 10 stars
    Robert00000

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@8 July 2004 - 02:00
    I have my computer hooked up to my vcr with a svideo to rca adaptor. The vcr then hooks up to my tv.

When i just use the tv for regular videos and stuff it works fine, but if i play a dvd it all of a suddent starts going brighter, darker, color is messed up, sometimes balck and white.

I think this is the copy protection kicking in...since im using a computer, there must be a way to disable that from happening right?

btw, the movie im trying to watch is back to the future 2...incase it matters.
    Your problem is called Macrovision.

You have to.....

1. Connect directly to the TV

2. Remove Macrovision from the DVD.

Anydvd is good at doing this on the fly (You don`t need to rip first, just play)

Also DVD Decrypter is also good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast