Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows Xp Pro

sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Originally posted by manker+8 July 2004 - 15:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker &#064; 8 July 2004 - 15:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sameer0807@8 July 2004 - 21:46
    Are Win Xp Corproate and Win Xp Pro the same ?
    yes, it&#39;s just that corporate doesn&#39;t need activation

Is Win XP Corproate the WinXp Home edition ?
    no

read this thread for details [/b][/quote]
    i have downloaded couple of WinXp Pro applications from supernova....
    but when i install them (both) it says Win Xp installation on the Setup screen...

Isn&#39;t it suppose to say WinXp Pro installation on the setup screen, since it&#39;s a
    WinXp Pro edition? Or do supernova has
    messed up windows applications names on there download section ?

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by sameer0807+8 July 2004 - 22:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sameer0807 @ 8 July 2004 - 22:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by manker@8 July 2004 - 15:14
    <!--QuoteBegin-sameer0807
    @8 July 2004 - 21:46
    Are Win Xp Corproate and Win Xp Pro the same ?

yes, it&#39;s just that corporate doesn&#39;t need activation

Is Win XP Corproate the WinXp Home edition ?
    no

read this thread for details
    i have downloaded couple of WinXp Pro applications from supernova....
    but when i install them (both) it says Win Xp installation on the Setup screen...

Isn&#39;t it suppose to say WinXp Pro installation on the setup screen, since it&#39;s a
    WinXp Pro edition? Or do supernova has
    messed up windows applications names on there download section ?
    [/b][/quote]
    what you say seems fine, I havent downloaded a copy of winXP from suprnova for a while so purely from experience I can&#39;t vouch for them being as labelled properly, I can say that suprnova is pretty reliable in my experience though.

I say go ahead and install it, I&#39;m be pretty confident you have a couple of copies of winXp pro there
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13

I say go ahead and install it, I&#39;m be pretty confident you have a couple of copies of winXp pro there
    After installation how would i know if it&#39;s WinXp Pro or WinXp Home(i already have this one) edition ?

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by sameer0807@8 July 2004 - 23:52
    After installation how would i know if it&#39;s WinXp Pro or WinXp Home(i already have this one) edition ?
    Cos it shows in big letters on the screen when you&#39;re booting up

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by AndrewBarker+9 July 2004 - 00:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AndrewBarker @ 9 July 2004 - 00:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sameer0807@8 July 2004 - 23:52
    Cos it shows in big letters on the screen when you&#39;re booting up [/b][/quote]
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by manker+8 July 2004 - 17:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker &#064; 8 July 2004 - 17:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by AndrewBarker@9 July 2004 - 00:02
    <!--QuoteBegin-sameer0807
    @8 July 2004 - 23:52

Cos it shows in big letters on the screen when you&#39;re booting up
    [/b][/quote]
    HA HA very funny &#33; &#33;

Anyways getting back to my question:
    Although it didn&#39;t say WinXp Pro installation on the setup screen but indeed it was WinXp Pro...

When i was installing WinXp Pro on my WinXp Home OS i chose the option, UPGRADE. Once installionation was complete, it rebooted automatically and their was an error message that basically said:

"WINDOWS can&#39;t start due to some Hardware or Software related upgrade with WinXp" (message was some what like that) and below were some options like: Start Windows in Safe Mode, Safe mode with Networking, Last best know confg., Start windows normally..

First i chose "Start windows normally" but agian i was taken to the above error message screen....

This time i chose "Last good know config." option but it was again that the above error was popped up..

I then inserted my WinXP Home edition recovery CD...and selected the option "Continue with WinXp Pro installation"

This time a new error message popped up:

WINXP PRO SETUP
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Setup cannot find the temporary installation files.

The hard drive on which setup placed temporary files is not currently availabe to winxp. You may need a manufature-supplied device driver, or you may need to run setup again and select a drive that is compatible with winxp.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wasn&#39;t able to do a recovery for my winxp..so i had to install a new winXP Home edition copy again....and now installation is over i m posting my problem..

Hope you guys will help me...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Why do you feel you need to upgrade to xp pro? Because of no activation?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by peat moss@8 July 2004 - 19:20
    Why do you feel you need to upgrade to xp pro? Because of no activation?
    because i heard winXp Pro is better...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Well depending if your in an office setting , or just want to share the disk with your buddies . Try burning the disk again to make sure its bootable then boot from cd, format, do a clean install . The key numbers will be in the info file?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Originally posted by peat moss@8 July 2004 - 19:34
    Well depending if your in an office setting , or just want to share the disk with your buddies . &nbsp; Try burning the disk again to make sure its bootable then boot from cd, format, do a clean install . The key numbers will be in the info file?
    I didn&#39;t even burn winxp pro onto a disk..i tried to install it from my hard drive...and i guess now I know why i it gave me all those strange errors.

This time i will try to burn it onto a CD and will try to install again..

Thanks for the advice

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast