Thread: New 1gb Email

blank BT Rep: +1
    http://en.walla.com/

The e-mail storage stampede continued its charge this week with yet another Internet company taking on Google's Gmail offering with its own free 1GB e-mail service.

Israeli Web portal provider Walla Communications has launched WallaMail, a new service offering users tools such as in-box search, an e-mail filtering system, an antivirus application, and, of course, a lot of space. It offers enough space, in fact, to archive 40,000 e-mails, 2000 pictures, and 50 one-minute video clips, the company says.

WallaMail is just the latest entrant into the e-mail storage space race, which was kicked off by Google's announcement earlier this year that it was planning a free 1GB e-mail service dubbed Gmail. It's introduction was then followed by announcements from other providers, such as Yahoo, that they were raising the limits of their free Web-based services.

Lycos Europe also joined the race, rolling out its own 1GB e-mail service, but for a fee.

More Storage Space

Walla has been offering a free e-mail service for three years and the company has moved users of that service to the new WallaMail, says Erez Philosoph, deputy chief executive officer of Walla Communications.

Walla's 1 million e-mail users, primarily located in Israel, have been bumped up from 6MB of storage to 1GB, he says.

"We were thinking about raising its the storage limit to 100MB before Gmail and we heard about their service we said we can do that," Philosoph says.

WallaMail is currently signing up users at Walla.com, offering the ability to attach a variety of multimedia files to e-mail, a range of backgrounds, icons, and emoticons, and continuous account availability, even if a user has been inactive for months, it says.

Gmail, on the other hand, is still in beta with no firm launch date set. While Gmail's ability to let users search through their mail is considered a big draw for some, WallaMail also offers message search, although it was unclear how its proprietary search technology weighed against that of the search leader.

That's Entertainment

WallaMail's big play against Gmail is its entertainment features, however, such as the users' ability to watch video clips in their in-boxes, and attach a digital image to a message to add personal style, Philosoph says.

"We think that features like stationery and smileys are fun and Gmail right now is very textual and very basic. I think in the broadband era people should have more fun with their e-mail," Philosoph says.

WallaMail is open to users around the world and the company also plans to offer an ad-free version of its service for $14.99 a year, it says.

Philosoph says that the offering is a way for the company to become more international, and that he expects "millions" of users to sign up.

Asked if there were any more worldwide services in the works, Philosoph says, "there will be some more surprises."
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    as a proud israeli, i have a Walla account, and have had it for a while now...

although i dont really like Walla as its sites graphic view isnt particularl good, i use Nana's portal instead...

but ive had an e-mail in Walla for at least 2 months now... and yup, i think Walla's 1GB e-mail is currently the most stable e-mail offerer (in big size companies...)

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    this is crazy...1 GB?&#33;&#33;
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    if google can do it, why not any other web-based e-mail site...?

lol, and Hotmail still stay tiny with a 2 MB e-mail... lol

Rafi

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    2 GiGs mail for free at http://www.aventuremail.com/

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    blank BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Voetsek@9 July 2004 - 05:41
    2 GiGs mail for free at http://www.aventuremail.com/
    Aventure Mail Error
    We are currently not accepting new registrations. Accounts can be purchased in our store (http://www.aventuremail.co.uk/store) in the mean time.
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    instigator's Avatar n00b
    hey guys, check out this site.it&#39;s got 1Gb mail capacity.i myself is having an account on it.

www.rediffmail.com

have fun

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    any more people??

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    loooking for one with a huge file attatchment ability